Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got xm yesterday and i was wondering if anyone knew how to hard wire the power to the card so i dont have to use the cigg lighter for the power

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
i have a 10 gauge wire going from the battery(fused) to a distribution block which i use for a few things

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i could be able to do that but i was woundering if i could splice the wires for the cigg lighter wire and the radio wires.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
For my Sirius, I just cut the cig lighter adapter part off, tapped in to the power for my cig lighter, added a inline fuse, then grounded it to my chassis. Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
sluggy said:
i think that i will try that i guess i gotta find an "inline fuse" to do it with
Get one that matches the amperage rating of the fuse that is in the cig lighter adapter. I think mine was a 3 amp or something like that. Actually, now that I think of it, I didn't cut mine, I took it apart so I could see which wire was hot and which one was ground.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hahaha ok i will do that i just wish that some one sold a kit to wire it with out the cigg lighter o well

·
Registered
108 Posts
FYI you can get a female cig light adapter that'll fit on the end of your existing wire, and on the other end of said adapter you'll just have a + and a -.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts