Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

The big question is, How can I upgrade the Beta 2.0L w/cvvt to reach 200 hp NA?

yeah I know you all will start to say just boost it and stuff like that! I already have one Scoupe boosted and I want to make this one NA
I want to install ITBs, lower the head, change the cams, pulleys, Flywhell, Manifold, and bigger injectors! but I just dont know if this will reach the 200HP!

Can anyone tell me what are the things that should do 1st and how much power can I get from this engine with NA tuning?

Thanx! and sorry the bad english!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You will pay the price of 10 scoupes to get that kind of power to a beta n/a. It's just impossible to go this way without paying a pile of money . Even if you do, driveability goes byebye, idle goes to hell. Sure it will be one kind of machine but it doesn't worth it mate... Just boost the hell out of it :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
NA ftw.
200hpNA hmmmm

I would start out with getting a standalone so you have base to start your tuning.

longer beefier rods and some taller pistons
increase the bore (raises compression and displacement)
shave and deck the head and block
lighter weight flywheel and under drive crank pulley
switch to drysump
get an electric water pump
cams and port head to match (watch the water jackets)
larger valves if needed
a decent header
better intake manifold or ITB's (tune to match power range)

Drive ability on an n/a cars isn't so bad once you get some decent compression and do not treat the throttle like an on/off switch.

·
Registered
23 Posts
ok im going to help you bro put a gas regulator, intake,4-2-1 semi header,port and polish the block head,make some custom cams,put 1.8 elantra pistons,good clutch,bigger trhotel, adjustable cam sprocket they are a lot of things to do but there are some of them light weight pulley many of them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts