Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was wondering if it is easy to turbocharge an non-turbo scoupe?:ermm:
do i only have to buy a turbo or do i have to buy inlet and other parts to, because the engine will not handel it stock??:puzzled:
thanx

·
Registered
101 Posts
ok I have a turbo mainfold everything I need except a computer to put a turbo on my 94 scoupe I just to know do I have to go find a scoupe with a turbo on it and get all of the parts off of it like MAP Computer and wireing or can I get my computer reprogramed to run the turbo using a MAF sensor and if I can get it reprogramed where?? and if I need to find a scoupe turbo where can I find one because I have looked all over the place called every junkyard I know and no one has one.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Realistic advice!........there are SO many differences between a normally-aspirated S-Coupe & the Turbo version.... (inc. ECU)....that you would find it easier to fit a 2.0 Beta motor into your car.

You would then have 137 b.h.p. , whereas a factory-fresh S-Coupe Turbo only had 115!.

Nick.X)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
i don't know about the tranny, but im sure people have used the s-coupe tranny with the clutch changed to 1.6 or something of that sort, but yes the beta swap on the X3 or the scoupe is really simple, i have seen 2 already at the hyundai meets in orlando, so its definately a nice swap, pretty powerful car, and if you go turbo you will be even more faster, with such a light car it makes it really fast, but its up to you and your budget and your style of how you go about things, hope that helps to inspire you a bit on the X3 beta swaps lol

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
If you wanted to boost the 1.5 you can use the scoupe turbo pistons but the compression is extremely low.... You would just want the manifold/turbo, I would do custom exhaust. Im using a scoupe turbo/manifold/downpipe right now on m my accent. However the downpipe is going to go soon , then the turbo and then the manifold (I plan to upgrade it all). Its a great start!

[Edited by omgbossis21 on Feb 4, 2006 8:05 AM]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts