Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When doing a beta swap and you keep the alpha trans it's common to use the Scoupe turbo clutch. How much power can it hold?

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
alot more than the stock accent clutch, turbo car's generate more torque so extra grip from the clutch is common sense

my old pos spec stage 3 is chattering like crazy and i'm thinking of going with the scoupe turbo clutch..not sur eif the scoupe turbo throwout bearing is the same as my 1.6L tranny..but i'm definitley gonna replace the clutch

if i had a engine crane, it'd make it a easier process since i won't have to worry about the tranny falling when it's loose..

here's my plan
Scoupe turbo clutch
Accent 1.6L tranny TOB..throwout bearing
XTD Light weight flywheel

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
When doing a beta swap and you keep the alpha trans it's common to use the Scoupe turbo clutch. How much power can it hold?
The truth is.....

as a stock clucth the Scoupe turbo clutch is **** and so is a accent(realy ****). I test drove a Scoupe turbo off the show room floor, the car was dead stock. and with snap changing the clutch allready started to slip/show signs of failing so i had to slow my gear changes :(

then later when i started modyifing my turbo scoupe at these point's the cluch es failed.. The Stock clutch plate will fail at 280nm the stock pressure plate will fail @ 380nm. now that is some nice info right there. i wish i had these answer's when i started. But a good upgrade will be is to get a Copper Button clucth plate.....

race spec cluchc will compromise of a cooper button clucth plate and a Double Diaphram pressure plate.

So for turbo you will need to upgrade, but a 1800 or 2000cc wont even make 200nm so you should be safe..

·
Registered
1 Posts
The truth is.....

as a stock clucth the Scoupe turbo clutch is **** and so is a accent(realy ****). I test drove a Scoupe turbo off the show room floor, the car was dead stock. and with snap changing the clutch allready started to slip/show signs of failing so i had to slow my gear changes :(

then later when i started modyifing my turbo scoupe at these point's the cluch es failed.. The Stock clutch plate will fail at 280nm the stock pressure plate will fail @ 380nm. now that is some nice info right there. i wish i had these answer's when i started. But a good upgrade will be is to get a Copper Button clucth plate.....

race spec cluchc will compromise of a cooper button clucth plate and a Double Diaphram pressure plate.

So for turbo you will need to upgrade, but a 1800 or 2000cc wont even make 200nm so you should be safe..
Thank you for the info

·
Registered
3 Posts
The truth is.....

Very interesting, I think that's what i'm gonna do, just upgrade to Copper Button clutch plate

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just bought and installed a F1 Racing (Stage II) clutch in my tibby and I'm waiting to see the results. Should be soon!! :) My new clutch will handle 289hp, but my car only produces 140hp (for now!).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts