Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched a space flight on FOX News with a civilian spacecraft. I guess it's a part of this $10 million dollar race to space. The winner has to complete two successful space flights in two weeks. I just watched the first one, and it went almost perfectly. The only problem that really occured was that the craft went into a spin during its launch, but was quickly recovered. The landing was beautiful.

Did anyone else see this? I don't know about you guys, but when I was watching it, it made me giddy. I just watched history in the making, and it didn't involve war. I can only imagine where we could go from here. If this actually ends up in companies competing for business, it could drive space travel and technology prices down, and bring about developments quicker. And if you want to shell out about $100k, you could take a trip to space yourself. Can't wait until there are space tours. You know it will happen.

Sorry about my ranting, but this has by far got to be one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
If i did win the lottery, I would do that for sure. Build my own that is. It would be based on the pony tho.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Based on the Pony? Fvck, I thought it'd BE the Pony. ;):

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LoL. Sure a $100,000 price-tag isn't within most people's budgets, but damn it would be cool. And if it gets popular enough it would drive the prices down. Who knows, maybe in five years you could do it for the price of a cruise.

Check this out, some 12 year old kid was shown on t.v. saying that he has already put down a $1,000 down payment for one of the tickets. WTF is up with that? I barely had $10 at that age, and I can only imagine where he would get the rest. I guess from his parents, but I know I wouldn't give it to my kid, I'd use it for myself.

ehh

·
Registered
975 Posts
Yes, you can be launched into space for about $1000 USD per poundof weight. You know, since I can't afford mods to my car, yeah I'll be in space by next week. ;): My fat ass would cost around $240,000. haha.
Did you guys see the video of that spaceship? Talk about your heave-machine, spinning wildly out of control.

Space, the not-so final fronteir anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts