Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pretty sure everyone knows about ephedra, right? Well i just wanna say that the FDA can go choke on a donkey d*ck. Ephedra has been used safely for thousands of years by people in the east. Before its huge commercializing it had fewer deaths, in total, than aspirin had in a year (actually... much lower, im thinking under 20). But then all of a sudden a couple of big name ballplaying phukups decide to overdose (taking more than the recommended amount, not foaming at the mouth or something) and not hydrate themselves properly in the middle of spring! So naturally they die from heat stroke or system failure, im not sure what. Then the missinformed, media crap filled fans of these people, teams, and sports all start to bitch about something they would have had no idea exisited had it not been for this. So the FDA starts feeling all of this pressure and in a panic decide to ban an otherwise known to be safe and effective drug. I would love for someone to tell me if the other ephedra related deaths were because of similar occurances, i really don't know, but im willing to bet they are. Bottom line, PHUK the FDA and PHUK the idiots who aren't smart enough to read up on a drug that has been used since 2800 B.C. !!!! (around there)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
yeah...that is sad...if used correctly it is very helpful but when you have 200 different warnings on the bottle, there isnt much more you can do. What get s me is the ignorance of the general public on knowledge of the herb (Mau Huang)sp. If any one were to read the bottle, people with heart problems and who are obesely overweight should not take it and everyone should have their physicians consent before taking.

Look who is in the headlines....a [email protected]#$in 350 pound fatass lineman dies from taking too much in extreme heat (which is a warning on a lable) and he is just the type of person who isnt supposed to take it.

THen a pitcher who in the off season goes from 180 something to like 250 lbs and then tries to take the stuff, again, fatass in the heat.

I think the biggest problem occurred, i believe it was in texas when a lot of younger kids where taking it (larger than prescribed) who were cyclists but were under 18 and had serious heart problems occur. I just hate that ****. Parents can no longer be a parent and want to blame it anything else instead of their lack of parenting skills and supervision (also the store is at fault for selling it to them).

whats worse is that the chinese have been using it for over 2000 years and have had no problems.

BTW it is still being sold because every cough syrup and nasal decongestant still contains it (pseudoephidrine) and that is why athletes cannot take that stuff unless they get waivers because it will pop positive for ephedrine, stupid isnt it?

[Edited by mat2818 on Sep 22, 2004 7:11 AM]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts