Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did as much research as I could and learned that this type of Seafoam can be deposited in the Fuel tank, The "crankcase" where the engine oil is kept, and the Brake booster.

1. Is it true it's best to use 1/3 In Crankcase, 1/3 in Fuel Tank, and 1/3 in BrakeBooster? What is your recommendation for my 03 accent hatch?

2. I know where the Crankcase and Fueltank are located, but how do i deposit the seafoam through my BrakeBooster?

3. After it is deposited, you turn off your car and let it sit for 10 minutes, is it best to change the engine oil right after it's put in the crankcase? Is it best to put it in the fuel tank when you have only a gallon or 2 of gas left in the tank?

4. What steps are taken after you have let the car sit with the seafoam in these 3 areas?

Thank you.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Jesus that's a lot of questions to answer all at once but I'll try to keep the A-D-D from kicking in...

You pull the vacuum hose from the brake booster. It's a rubber hose that goes from the brake booster to the intake manifold. then you hold it to a funnel up to the vacuum line and slowly pour in the Seafoam while the engine is running letting it suck the stuff into the engine. Then let it sit for 10 minutes and start it up and take it for a drive.

As for the motor oil I use Gunk engine flush instead, but if I was using Seafoam I wouldn't drive around with it in there for long. As good of a detergent as it is that doesn't make it a good engine oil, so the effect on the moving parts within your engine is actually unknown so I would play it safe.

If I use Seafoam in the tank I usually put a full can in at around a quarter tank and drive it around until the fuel light comes on then refuel. I have no way of knowing how effective it is but the engine runs fine during those times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts