Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as you all know now im trying to get my accent back to stock...the thing is for a whuile i had my rear seat out and i took out the side seat belts...when you take them out they lock up and i cant figure out how to get them unlocked to get them back into the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Ill trade ya the entire 400 dollar credit i have with all hyundai for your CF hood.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I am sure there is a way to get it unlocked, try messin with the tensioner, also try pulling the belt out slowly. atrimble, do you still have those seats? I can prolly give you a hand putting them in if you need it.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Actually im just gonna return em, unless you can asure me you can make the air bag system work with splicing it between the harnesses.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
ok give me a minuete, I will check the wiring now

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
The problem is i dont know which year tib these seats are from. Oh hell ill check the receipt.

Edit: They are from an 03 no clue as to what trim level. Anyone got a vin decoder?

[Edited by atrimble_2001 on Dec 6, 2005 8:00 PM]

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
^^sorry, but we did finish this with aim^^

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yea that happened to me when i took my entire interior out. If you carefully remove the plastic cover that contains the retracting mechanism, there are little plastic gears with a plastic "pick" that jams into the teeth when A) it is pulled too hard, as in hard braking, or B)is not held at the correct angle (it has a little metal weight that seats when the seat belt tensioner is held at the exact angle that it is being mounted.)

What you have to do is make sure you get the L and R sight correct, then mount it, if it still wont go you have to pop the cover off and relocate the weighted self centering jamming plastic pick untill you get it right so it will seat on itself and retract allowing for full retraction of the belt.

How long did it take me to put them back on and have them working again you may ask?
Took me about 7 beers to figure it out mang.

Hope it helps, just be patient lol

·
Registered
341 Posts
See if this helps you out.. Perhaps you can find something useful.. http://www.lidrock.com/seatbelt3.htm

- Patrick

[Edited by Patrickmann on Dec 8, 2005 10:18 PM]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts