Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone hear had any experience installing aftermarket (universal) seat heaters in their cars? I found some good DIY's using google, but obviously nothing Hyundai specific. The biggest disparity comes when dealing with hog rings. Some say cut them and then use wire ties to hold down the upholstery afterwards. Some say to reinstall new hog rings, but don't tell exactly how to do it.

I'd rather do this myself, but if it is apparently too hard, then I'll get an upholstery shop to do it. Anyone know what kind of cost I would be looking at so I know what to expect when I call up some local shops? The seat heaters themselves are going to cost around $200 (from eBay, cheapest and best ones from the looks of it). I wouldn't mind paying up to $150 for install on both front seats.

Oh, and I saw a DIY here on an Accent some time last year but now the pictures are gone and it's not as helpful now.

·
Registered
6,604 Posts
I love seat heaters... One of bosses had a volvo cross country... the seat heaters in that car were NICE. I am intending on adding them to my convertable as I do drive that car all year round (when it is in one piece) with the top down.

·
Registered
6,604 Posts
*edit double post*

and this, boys and girls, is how I get my post count up.

[Edited by Mad-Machine on Sep 21, 2004 2:41 PM]

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Red_AGT
[body]
http://hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=40526
My cousin's car. The seats are really toasty. heh
[/body]
Thanks, that's the one I was talking about, last time I checked something was wrong with the pics or something, oh wells.

How are the hog rings removed/opened up? I already have a spare (my old cloth seats) seat opened up but there was no room to get a good look at what exactly I would have to do with the hog rings. Should I just "unbend" them with some pliers?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
If you need massage units specific for your car Im the guy to see. I work in a factory where we build memory or non memory massage units for all sorts of cars including Hyundai's. The older hyundais did not have this feature but we also build universal ones.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
i dunno if you can use them with the heaters, but i could get you a pair for $25, no instructions though seeing how Im not allowed to actually give you anything. But its simple, hook up to your battery, ground, and an on/off switch somewhere in your interior.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
no, the top and the bottom get pulled together, its more of a lumber support, but it can be programmed to pulse...however to do that you need a real program for that car since they all have differemt settings

1 - 20 of 20 Posts