Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know some of you will say secondary injectors aren't the correct way to go to supply additional fuel, but they will work for my application, at least for now.

Most of the secondary injectors I see, are installed in the elbow just before the throttle. Is there any reason for this?
I'm thinking on installing them IN the plenum: 1 injector between runners 1 & 2 and other between runners 3 and 4, it seems it can distribute the fuel better when needed, it would also be easier to install.

Have anyone tried, or knows about someone who tried a setup like this?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I would not do that, Please do not do that.

If you did it the way that you were describing, an extra injector between one and two, and another between three and four, then cylinder one would run lean, cylinder two would run rich, three even richer, and fourth would flat out get way way to much fuel.

Your choices are:

Run an injector before cylinder one so the air going in is mixed and all cylinders get equal fuel from that injector. This way you will not lean out or run rich on any of the cylinders.

The other way is to run an injector for each cylinder. This is way overkill for any project you are doing, maybe. if you need that much fuel, this would be the cook way to go, but unnecessary.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
running a second row of injectors (8 injectors total) is really a way to trick the ecu essentially
basically the ecu cant run those injectors lean like it would with just larger injectors in the stock location.

a second row can be powered by the computer of your choice(emanage, smt, etc.) using a GM map sensor to run the controls for the injectors

as for your location just add another set of bungs to the IM ive seen them put under the manifold and use brackets to hold the rail in place

·
Registered
5,907 Posts

there is a pic of my setup, i would highly recommend it.. i am using the emanage with the sub injector harness powered by a 16 x 16 boost/fuel map, using the MAP sensor for the emanage.. its a very reliable setup and your stock ECU can never take awasy fuel from you..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I know 4 extra injectors, one in each runner would be better, but I don´t want to buy an additional fuel rail, 4 extra injectors and fabricate or buy the injector mount to the intake.

As of now I have an injector controller and two 42lb injectors ready to be installed, I just wanted to install them in the best possible position.

meee2yo: I don´t see why cilinder one would run lean and the others would get richer and richer. Could you elaborate on that?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have to inventory my business today, but tonight or tomorrow will post up a pic on why. Unless someone else has a way of showing it better.

Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts