Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to hyundai's but a friend of mine is getting raped by the dealer for a headgasket and im looking to see if this a job i can undertake and save her some $$$.

Most of all i need some insight to how in depth of a job this is...how much of a pita it can become etc...im very mechanically inclined and have done tons of work on honda's and toyota's yet this would be my 1st venture into the hyundai world...and also what would you deem a "fair price" to charge for this...i know itll vary greatly but i dont want to work for free either...im thinkin along the lines of $400+parts

so mostly im looking for a factory service manual or a step by step procedure for a HG...

thanks in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
head warpage?

All I will say is that I went through three heads from the junkyard because when the head gasket goes there a good chance that the head is warped. (I didn't install the heads) But I did tear the engine down it seems like a simple tear down. I got a gasket kit from Napa for like 120.00. However i found a new complete engine before i found a head that wasn't warped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts