Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the past 2 weeks have been hell for me and my car

i finally got it to start with the adapter and the XD ecu but it run's like **** and idle is so bad it's rocking my mounts..

I did what japako's and rtp told me, switch connectors for the coil packs and switch the wires also..

but when i started it, the engine was misfiring and sounding very odd when i gave it throttle..it was rocking back and forth and backfiring like crazy..
i checked the crank sensor, was working fine
i installed new plugs and checked the wires again and again,

what the heck am i missing here?

I'm about to give up on this and say **** it!!

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
I seem to remember people messing with me because I didn't want to be a genie pig and have to pay 230 dollars for that thing. hmmm....

Honestly man no one knows enough about what they did when it was made to really be of any help. Did you get a wiring diagram with it? Going to need to find someone local to stop by at take a look at it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I dont know man. Thats why I didnt want to buy one of those, everyone does their beta swap different. Did you do your own beta swap? Was yours a 1.5l? You may have to switch back the coilpack wires now that you have the converter??? I dont know? Do you have the beta crank sensor now.

On a side note, Im thinking of doing the ecm swap. (without the converer)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Try running it for about 20 seconds and then shut it off. Check each header tube to see which one is warm. If some are cooler than others and they are matched like 1+4 or 2+3 check the coils. Start the car and pull one of the suspect plug wires to see if it is sparking. If it is then it might me a fueling issue. I had a similar issue when I got my ms on my car, it ran just like you were saying. I had a stuck injector + coils firing backwards + bad crank sensor, not real easy to troubleshoot multiple problems.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i guess i don't have the know-how to install it..

the item is for sale..hopefully, someone will have btter luck installing it than me

i decided to go with a safc instead

i'm a complete moron too..i just blew my 2nd safc..

i let the power wire touch the others..boom, screen goe's dead

Idiot!!Idiot!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
The SFR harnesses are designed for KOREAN cars, ie ONE EGO sensor AND all korean accents from LC are twin cam. If you try to use it on your SOHC us spec accent, it doesn't work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts