Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... my friend had his clutch changed in his 92 Eclipse at a local shop. 1 month later his car no longer will go into gear and he tells me that the guy that changed his clutch said that his transmission is about to go. Anyway, so I have his car towed here and I replaced his transmission. His car then wouldnt go into gear. I checked the slave cylinder assemly and so on... works fine. So anyway... earlier today i took his tranny back off... yet again and discover this:

His total bill was $1266 for getting this replaced last month...
I was like "WTF!!"

Anyway... thats just where this story BEGINS....

The transmission I removed had about 1/4 quart of fluid in it.

This guy "replaced" the cv joints, the slave cylinder, the release bearing, the list goes on... I can't possibly think all that was necessary...

Anway... i think this dude told my friend that his tranny was going out because he didnt put fluid, in it and knew he would make more money off of him changing the tranny later!!

What do you think? Shady shop? Poor quality worksmanship in the clutch? I would like to let me friend know because this shop has been working on his families cars for many years.

[Edited by MadHatter on Sep 21, 2004 2:22 PM]

·
Registered
6,604 Posts
this is one of the reasons I ask for the old parts.. that and I am nosy and want to see how the car is wearing and tearing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts