Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Quick question - My 04 Accent has just over 75,000 on it and its run awesome, and it still does. Im heading down to Virginia from NH for a little road trip, and before I go down there I justh ad a quick question. My car makes an odd shaking noise when I start it up. It doesnt do it all the time, only sometimes. My check engine light was on for a week or so, and I took it to autozone to have it checked and it came up as an emissions thing having to do with the gascap, or so they said. Ive changed my sparkplugs, wires, air filter, oil, and fuel filter. Like I said it doesnt do it all the time, only sometimes. Any ideas? I just want to make sure my car is all set to drive down to VA. Oh it is a standard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok a little update - driving home from work it did it again, but this time when i shifted into 2nd gear from first, and i could feel it in the clutch pedal as well.. could my clutch be going or?

·
Registered
737 Posts
sounds like you could have a bad engine mount or transmission mount.

Have someone rev your engine for you and watch how the motor torques. If it seems like there is a lot of movement then you might have a worn mount.

Usually you hear a clunking when you first start up from the motor trying to twist on the mounts. You might also hear or feel it under load, like when you give it full throttle in a high gear.

A bad engine or trans mount could also affect your shifting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts