Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new strut bars from Sam on Saturday for $100. If anybody hasn't seen these before, they are actually quite thick and hefty bars. Plenty stiff for our little cars.
I installed them today. The front bar went on with no problems, however the rear bar was kind of tricky since I have a 4-door. I ended up running the strut bar between my trunk and rear seat, so it actually went on pretty easy and I didn't have to cut anything .

I'm curious as to how an install goes on a 2-door Accent (X3) as opposed to my 4-door. I'll have a how-to up on my site when it launches.

Ok, so here's what you're really interested in....do they work?

It's unbelievable how much of a difference it made. I took the car for a spin before I installed them and then after. I wish I had installed the front, took it for a spin, then installed the rear and took it for another spin.

Now remember, my car is completely stock other than the strut bars, so while there is a little bit of body roll, 90% of it is gone. I'm expecting springs and shocks to eliminate another 5% then sway bars eliminating about another 2%. I'll keep you guys updated and I'll post the pictures when I get them developed.

I drive a slow car.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Strut bars do make a difference, I have the front strut from shark racing on my 2K and I noticed a difference probably not as much of a difference if I didn't have the car lowered already but still a difference.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hey 4doorgl where did you get them again?

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought them from Sam from Shark Racing while he was here in the U.S.

You can order them from Shark Racing (just click on the banner) for $154.

I drive a slow car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts