Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anybody taken the special stage kit over 300hp? Any successes with the kit? And which AEM F/IC is recommended for our cars? Im doing a serious engine build-up in a few months to include full head work, pistons, rods, crank, and of course the turbo. I plan on throwin down $10,000 on the engine. I can use all the help i can get, thanks! (By the way, those spark plugs are still awesome!)

P.S.: Sorry, forgot to mention the car! 2004 Elantra (beta II). Gutted to 2100lbs! Hehehe!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
the kit is fine

Hey...I think the kit will be ok... but you have to confirm with them the delivery date( some times the delay the orders).the best thing is to make them remap your OEM ECU...you will escape a lot of headeche...
I think You will need

*Alminum radiator.
*oil cooler system.
*brake kit.
*stage 4 clutch kit(450Hp+).
*big rims (as the 16" wheels will spin)
*coilover (for steering ) or you will find the car steering on its own while accelre
*3" exhaust system
*if you are in a hot country ....you will also need vented carbon fiber hood as the heat from the engine will damage the sensors(it is Plastic after all)
*gauges to moniter the boost & the water temp & the oil (temp & pressuer)
*safty 3" 5 point belts
This list will give you a complete project (up to 450 whp )with the option items that they sell with the kit.
Has anybody taken the special stage kit over 300hp? Any successes with the kit? And which AEM F/IC is recommended for our cars? Im doing a serious engine build-up in a few months to include full head work, pistons, rods, crank, and of course the turbo. I plan on throwin down $10,000 on the engine. I can use all the help i can get, thanks! (By the way, those spark plugs are still awesome!)

P.S.: Sorry, forgot to mention the car! 2004 Elantra (beta II). Gutted to 2100lbs! Hehehe!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts