Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

Shift kit Accent?

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  joeyb1960 
#1 · (Edited)
Anybody know where I can get a Autotranny shift kit for an Alpha or Beta2?
mainly to fit on my accent.
my friend told me about how he put only in his comaro and it would never slip.
my accent almost always slips on high RPMs, thats why Im asking.
not sure what parts he meant by shift kit but it was for an auto tranny, and I have no intention of swaping my tranny to manual

#3 ·
ehh did you find one at at trani shop because I kinda want to avoid them.
if anything is gonna be done at a trani shop it usually cost a zillion dollars.

#4 ·
has anybody ever gotten a auto shift kit for an accent?

#6 · (Edited)
high stall torque converters arnt good with gas.
my track car is also my daily driving car so not good.
Im just pissed at my transmission slipping on a high rev shift.
it slips so hard it sounds like a blow off valve, but I loose so much power from it too.
I will ask AAMCO about it, and I will pray it wont cost too much.

#7 ·
There is no way the shift kit will work on the Hyundai without causing major slippage issues because of the way the transmission is programmed to shift. Rather than releasing the lower gear and jumping to the next higher gear, the Hyundai auto transmission is designed to spin up the next higher gear before releasing the lower gear.

Also, if you do not use the Hyundai SP-III auto trans fluid, you will damage the transmission.

#8 ·
so is there no way I will be able to make the gears not slip on a high rpm?
I know it can happen because sometimes it dosnt slip.

#9 ·
It may feel like it is slipping, but it is not. It is the way the transmission was designed. It is designed to spin up the next higher gear before releasing the lower gear. This also reduces the shift shock you normally would feel on other transmissions.

Keeping the fluid clean and within the right temperature (180-195 degrees F) is key to a long life. The fluid can't be lower than 180 or higher than 195.

#10 ·
ok so the blow out sound regardless of it being the gear prespinning or a slip,
when I rarely do feel shift shock and it pulls me back as if I got a boost from the gear it does not make that sound.
I don't care about shift shock I just love that boost feeling and thats what I want at a high RPM, not to be confused with the blow out sound and feeling of lost power.

#13 · (Edited)
sorry for butting in i have never seen a shift kit for a hyundai i ask some trany guys i know and thay said its all done by computer pcu on the hundai a i checked them out OMG the best very expensive from diy 5oo $ 1.000 or thay can do it for 2.500 to 3.000 man thay do a hell of a job nobody does the work thay do

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.