Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all
i am a shimmy from 65 to 80 on my xd i rebalanced the car more than 5 timed and no improvment
your help will be highly appricated

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no aftermarket rims

which means i am using the oem rims and there r a shimmy non stop after 65 mile

·
Registered
499 Posts
I would thake off both rotors and clean the rust from the area where the rotor meets the mounting flange. There could be some rust there which makes the rotor cock at an angle. When the car is jacked up I would also check my wheel bearings for play. The tire should not have any movement when you try to rock it in and out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shimmy

I already changed the routers and the tyres i have no shimmy in braking and the tyres was not playing at all
i heard that this acommon problem in all xd and also the kia cerato

·
Registered
77 Posts
^^its not a problem in all cars. usually the problem is with the wheel bearings but if not then you have broken suspention/steering componets

·
Registered
499 Posts
Does the shimmy happen on both front wheels? If not, I would switch wheels and see if the side changes. Then I would switch rotors and do the same. If nothing changes you have a bad strut.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Get the tires ROADFORCED with a Hunter wheel balancer. It is common on Hyundai's to have shimmy if the balance is not exact. You should have no more than 5 pounds of road force on the wheel/tires.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wheel balancer

cclngthr said:
Get the tires ROADFORCED with a Hunter wheel balancer. It is common on Hyundai's to have shimmy if the balance is not exact. You should have no more than 5 pounds of road force on the wheel/tires.

this means that the hyundais will not be balanced except of using hunter road forced althought i rebalanced the car 5 times on another wheel balancer

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rocconi said:
Does the shimmy happen on both front wheels? If not, I would switch wheels and see if the side changes. Then I would switch rotors and do the same. If nothing changes you have a bad strut.

the shimmy on all the car and ialready switch the tires and changed 4 struts with kyb but no improvment at all

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
moshneb said:
this means that the hyundais will not be balanced except of using hunter road forced althought i rebalanced the car 5 times on another wheel balancer
Hyundai's are designed so the tolerances are very close and NVH is a common compaint and the Hunter roadforce balancer, which is in some shops but not all, can pinpoint wheel vibration where other balancers will not recognize it.

Alignment and tire pressure is not going to be that noticeable, unless it is severely out of spec, and even then, it can be out of spec and still be smooth.

·
Registered
499 Posts
If this shimmy is a new problem, I would suspect dented rims ( check the insides also ) or out of round tires, it could be a factory defect. A long panic stop could also flat spot them. If you are in the habit of taking speed bumps at 30 mph ( like I was ) you could have dented all of the rims. Alloy rims are not very durable.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cclngthr said:
Hyundai's are designed so the tolerances are very close and NVH is a common compaint and the Hunter roadforce balancer, which is in some shops but not all, can pinpoint wheel vibration where other balancers will not recognize it.

Alignment and tire pressure is not going to be that noticeable, unless it is severely out of spec, and even then, it can be out of spec and still be smooth.
today i found ashop which had the hunter roadforce balancer i asked the man
about roadforce but he knows nothing about this he told me that it is normal balancer he will put the tyre to read and no more is there any steps to use the road force system on this balancer or only a system inside it ,ex like cars with 16 valve

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rims

rocconi said:
If this shimmy is a new problem, I would suspect dented rims ( check the insides also ) or out of round tires, it could be a factory defect. A long panic stop could also flat spot them. If you are in the habit of taking speed bumps at 30 mph ( like I was ) you could have dented all of the rims. Alloy rims are not very durable.

the rims are 100% fine ,look man me and my brother have the same car and both of us have this shimmy after rebalancing the tires(in diff places)
i think it is very rear to have a defect in the oem rims
it may be found in chinnese rims (i bought a set of rims five years ago in my mitsu lancer and there are alot of shimmy and after a lot search we found that the dimmention is 4/99 instead of 4/100 )

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
moshneb said:
today i found ashop which had the hunter roadforce balancer i asked the man
about roadforce but he knows nothing about this he told me that it is normal balancer he will put the tyre to read and no more is there any steps to use the road force system on this balancer or only a system inside it ,ex like cars with 16 valve
The guy you talked to is not informed on the NHV on the Hyundai. There is a entire 2 day class on the subject for dealer techs, and I do have the class manual and looked over it..

Most of the vibration at certain speeds is caused by improper wheel/tire balancing and out of round wheels/tires. If there is any wobble on the wheel, the chassis will pick it up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nhv

cclngthr said:
The guy you talked to is not informed on the NHV on the Hyundai. There is a entire 2 day class on the subject for dealer techs, and I do have the class manual and looked over it..

Most of the vibration at certain speeds is caused by improper wheel/tire balancing and out of round wheels/tires. If there is any wobble on the wheel, the chassis will pick it up.

SORRY SIR BUT WHAT IS THE MEANING OF NHV,MOST OF PPL WHO IS WORKING IN THE TIRE BALANCING CAN NOT READ A PAPER ALL OF THEM ARE IGNORANT THIS JOB IN MY CAR WILL NOT COST ME MORE THAN 3 USD

·
Registered
499 Posts
$3??? Are they using a dynamic balancer were they spin the tire or a static balancer were they use a bubble level ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts