Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep in mind, I have a bit of flu right now as all this happens. Called out from work for the first time in 3 years today, just didn't have it in me to make it in.

So I'm trying to recover from this when my girlfriend comes home crying. I knew she was going to get the ring I got her at JCPennys for Christmas resized for her finger, and figured that might have something to do with it. Sure enough, the clerks there told her there were some rules that aren't in the pamphlet that they gave me and said things that are either untrue, or make the clerk I bought it from a liar. So my girlfriends really upset, and rightfully so. Then she starts taking it out on me.

Keep in mind that I've gone through a day where I can barely breathe, my nose is constantly running, and I have to go to the bathroom every 30 min because of all the fluids I'm drinking so I can try to flush my system out. On top of that, Christmas eve I got a chip in my tooth that reveals that the tooth is all rotten, and I have to get that fixed. Since I have no dental insurence (or any insurence), this is going to get interesting. Perfect ****ing time of year for it too.

She's apologized, but continues to yell at me when I try to handle it because I'm not doing it her way. Well I paid for the ****ing thing and I'm the one who's going to take it up with the manager, so I have to understand the problem, and since I'm taking notes, I have to do it in a way that makes sense to me. But thats not something she wants to hear, so we have another yelling match. I'm sure the neighbors LOVE us.

I'm so freaken pissed, and all I wanted was a nice, relaxing evening to chill before I try to get a good night sleep. Try being the operative word since I'm not sure this sickness whatever it is is going to let me sleep. And I really can't afford to miss too many hours, especially with the dental work that is sure to be upcomming, so calling out tomorrow is a no go. UGH. ****ing A, why does this **** always happen at once?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
If you bought the ring there they should fix it for you but you can go to any jewelry store and they usually will fix it for you for free. I have had to do that with rings and they also clean them for free but just tell her to relax that it will be takin care of and in the mean time if she wants to wear the ring to tie a peice of thread on the bottom till it fits her finger. make sure you are drinking like propel for the electrolytes and so you dont get dehydrated.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
come to Waterbury and get pissed on ridgerunner(a local beer for those not from central VT)with me, that'll clean out the ol' system. ;)

sorry to hear man. we gotta have a good ol guys night out. Can you say...montreal strip club?!? :evil:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can.....

And I will!

Yeah, sounds good. Everytime I think I have things resolved with her, something new pops up. As to the jewelry, I went back to JCPenny and the manager in charge of jewelry was horrible. She kept telling me I heard wrong, but I asked twice to be sure and am very sure of it. So they had a "the customer must be wrong" attitude. I'm going back monday when the store manager is there and going to try to get satisfaction. But in a moment of "screw you, I'm getting my money back", I returned the christmas jewelry set (which she said to the night before, angry at all the hassle). Now she wants to know what her Christmas gift is now.... UGH, I'm not winning any battles here. I see her point of view, but come on, she told me to return it ffs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts