Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get a performance intake filter for my accent but i have no idea what to get, I hear cold air gives your more horses because of its location it sucks cold air instead of engine air in the engine bay like a short ram. But ive been told a short ram does not suck in much warm air from the engine because of the amount of air circulation in the engine compartment while driving coming through the grill and up underneath the engine.

So my basic question is to you guys what would be more better for me to get, i live in a moderate environment which includes, snow,rain, and the mix. If i got a cold air i would worry about alot of dirt/salt getting over the filter during the winter. Would it be better for me to just get a short ram?

Please post your advise i would really appreciate it

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think in accents believe it or not the short ram makes more hp then a cold air intake for some reason.. BUT usually cold air intake makes more but if u live in a snowy rainy area like the midwestern states then id stick with a short ram becuz id hate to have to pay 30 bucks every now and then to fix a dirty filter..... but yeh go with the short ram theres one by K&N called the 57I international intake kit it fits all accents with very minor if any modifcations and gives the motor a nice roar. by the way a cold air only makes more power usually becuz the colder the air is the more oxygen that it contains although depending on how long the pipes are a cold air could have negative effects to.....hardly ever though

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Believe it or not, short ram intakes make more power on Accents than a cold air setup does.

BTW, I don't know what trans. you have, but a cold air kit will not fit on Accents with automatic transmissions...only the 5-speeds.

If you want it, I've got a short ram setup from my old Accent laying around, with a K&N cone filter with only 2,000-ish miles on it. It's got the EGR hose input on it, and an adapter for the stock TB. Lemme know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts