Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I have an 02 Accent L 1.5L SOHC, and just install a short ram intake, now its throwing CELs on me though i know its because the oxygen sensor isnt plugged in to it any more, any idea how i can rememdy that? thanks

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
02 sensor? nooooo maybe your air tem sensor... Check to make sure you have no leaks in the intake too. And go to Autozone, they will scan your car for the code number, and tell you what it is for free.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the sensor inbetween the stock airbox and throttle body, i have that intaled in betweent the short ram and throttle body now, kinda rigged up a bit i guess. IF anyone ha any better ideas of rememedying this i open with wide ears

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it was the maf sensor i was talking about, it was inline between the throttle body and air box and had a plug from the engine to it hooked up. Now everytime i see a pic of an accent, the intake is attatched straight to the throttle body, was wondering how thats done without tripping the CEL.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i didnt realize the accents were made different, yea it was the maf. Havie it in between the throttlebody and intake now and no light. is there any work around to not have the MAF? im just not a fan of how it looks if your wondering why.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
make sure the mesh end that looks like a honey comb of the MAF sensor is facing the filter, i dont believe theres a work around unless u converted to MAP and i dont think its worth the effort

[Edited by ThaSilvaL on Feb 1, 2006 9:22 PM]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea the sensors all hooked up right and stuff and its all good now, Ill just fund someway ot to make it look so akward.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the same problem. In reading I found out my MAS was indeed backwards. Switched it around and poof everything started working again. Only my CEL will not turn off. Intake is the only thing that I did. Car runs fine but CEL hates me or something. Any ideas?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts