Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as we know..there's a small batch of company's that make short shifter's for the LC accent..B&M and TWM performance

while they are a major relief to sloppy long throw's of the oem shifter mechanism..they also cut out a bit of comfot..unless you have a long arm..and that is the fact that the short shifter's are pushed more forward so having to shift require's us to rewach out and grab the knob..

the original shift rod didn't have this problem because it was bent like the shifter's inofrd mustangs..ripper shifteresqie so it was pushed back and didn't affect the shifting action at all,

so my question is..are there any companie's that could make a back bended short shifter?

·
Registered
91 Posts
as far as i know psc makes them, im not totally sure though because i havent got one. but u can send them an email and ask i guess

·
Registered
270 Posts
The PSC shifter is basically a modified stock shifter (although well done). TAK you could always heat the shifter arm to bend it and/or add a small extension to the arm to make it more comfortable. I've got the Megan STS and I know exactly what you mean, first gear seems to be a bit of a stretch to get too but a slight bend or a bent extension would solve the problem.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I guess I just have freakishly long arms or something because it doesnt bother me at all.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
^^same here

I've had the TWM shifter in my LC2 for almost...2 years. yeah...it sucks that if you have the cupholders open while shifting to third or fifth you have to watch out...but other then that, I've never had comfort issues with being able to reach.

how are you gripping the shifter? perhaps trying a different grip would help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts