Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
short shifters for 05 accent??????

which short shifters fit on the 05 accent.....:confused:
does the b&m shifter for the 08 accent fit the lc2 also???:(

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the short shifters for the 03+ 2.0 tibbys for on the lc2????? but dont you need the bushings on the ends of the links???

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
evofusion has them in stock.... is that sight a good shopping sight?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
didnt you order a exaust that was like 3+ months late from them floyd???

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
cujo8me2 said:
didnt you order a exaust that was like 3+ months late from them floyd???
No, I prebought the header and it took a year or so to get it, but that's to be somewhat expected I think.

I've ordered other things from them and gotten it right away.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats what happened ...... ok i think i might order it after the new year when all the shipping calms down so i dont have to wait 2 months for it to get here as opposed to about a week or 2

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Since they're based out of California I've found in-stock item shipping is pretty quick. Had good luck with SFR, ARK Racing, and Powerhouse Performance also.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a TWM shortshifter. I found with research that a lot of ebay short shifter kits are literally shorter shifters but don't reduce the throw. The TWM shifter actually reduces the throw by 40% or something.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
does the b&m reduce the throw???

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
they ALL reduce the throw. even a shifter that is just cut off reduces the throw... but not as much as a "real" short shifter becuase in addition to shortening the top a short shifter also extends the bottom to give it even shorter throw. so yes a b&m will reduce the throw.

·
Registered
183 Posts
ryanolson said:
they ALL reduce the throw. even a shifter that is just cut off reduces the throw... but not as much as a "real" short shifter becuase in addition to shortening the top a short shifter also extends the bottom to give it even shorter throw. so yes a b&m will reduce the throw.

A cut off short shifter does not reduce any throw. It's the same distance from 1st to 2nd. What real short shifter actually does is raise the base unit where the ball joint is up a quarter of an inch. The lower half of the shifter is longer the top half is shorter. Since the bottom half is longer it dosen't have to go as far when you're shifter from gear to gear.

That's why if you just cut off the top of a shifter. the bottom half of the shifter that is attached to the linkage is till the same length and has to go the same distance from gear to gear.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Even on a cut stock shifter the throws will be shorter because of your grip location on the lever. The mechanism throws to the same angle but it's a shorter distance that your hand travels. It's just not as dramatic of an effect.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts