Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
randomly my car make's a thunking sound from the front fender's when i step on the gas which make's the front suspension arm's lift...

is this normal ?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I wouldn't say normal, but I would also check your front exhaust pipe, engine mounts and wheel bearings. Usually balljoints are heard over bumps as far as I have ever seen.

·
Registered
597 Posts
worn bj you will feel more than hear, car will make sudden weight shifts mid corner & wander bad on faster straights, shudder all to hell on rough pavement. loose/worn swaybar links or worn CV will make noise too, but I wouldn't expect any of this from a 2001 car unless its been beat on.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
^^^

Exactly.

It's probably a worn/loose stabilizer link, that's what it was on my sentra... actually all that happened was that the link's retaining washer somehow got past the bolt, and on bumps the bolt would bury itself into the link opening, (now with no washer to hold it) and "pop" out when the shock returned from the compressed position. A quick dissassembly and a new (thick ass) washer solved the problem forever.

Well I sold the car so I don't know that...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts