Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My accent is the 1.6L hatch, and our buddy countryboy pointed me to this http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/newbie-forum/77860-slave-cyl-mod-diy.html

I believe WytchDctr has the 4door GLS, I was wonder if the bolts for my car are in a different place?

Also, He say's the banjo bolt is to the right of the line, is it #1 or #2? lol

And lastly:

Step 7:
Bleed the system. Fill the reservoir up, put the tube on the bleeder valve (take the cap off first), have someone pump it a few times, pump and hold, turn the bleeder until fluid starts to move, close it before the system looses all of its pressure, repeat the pump/hold turn the valve until you see no air bubbles moving through the plastic tube. Make sure you don’t run the reservoir dry doing that. Top off the fluid and your done.

When u no longer see air bubbles, you quickly close the Banjo bolt (aka Bleeder screw/valve), I'm guessing you need to still have a little fluid in the reservoir before before u start pouring in your new clutch fluid in the reservoir, this is called topping off the fluid? then u put the cap back on the clutch fluid reservoir and ur done? If I've got these steps wrong, please elaborate, pretend I'm an idiot.:D

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
#1 is the bolt you will remove. The spring/plate assembly is right behind that. On my elantra it fell right out, on an accent I did it required a magnetic screw driver to "pull" it out.

On bleeding the system.

Once the spring thing is out replace the banjo with it's washer (#1) and leave it alone.

You can see the plastic capped bleeder valve/bolt in the picture. Take the little cap off and put a plastic tube on it. You do not have to put the tube, but it makes it easier to see the bubbles if you have never done this before.

Once you loosen that bolt fluid will spray out of it. If you leave it open the pressure will drop and air will still be in the system, a waste of brake (that is what you should be using) fluid.

Crack the bolt loose, let it spray a little then tighten it to stop the flow.

Keep doing that until the air is gone.

As far as topping it off, you can do that every time you crack the bleeder if you want. Running it dry during the bleeding process is again a waste of fluid because air will return to the system. After you are done make sure the fluid is below the Max line and you are done.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
After all the reading and great help from you guys, I decided to start the slave cyl. project the other day, unfortunantly, I couldn't seem to even find the Slave cyl. to do the mod -_- I know I know, so here are some pics of what I thought could be them, I read that the Slave Cyl. should be located under my Air intake, but I haven't seen anything like the Above picture of this page, under my intake. I have the 1.6L hatch, maybe someone could show me a pic? It's giving me a headache, I don't want to disappoint you guys with my questions but I'm getting a headache trying to figure it out, so bare with me, Thank You.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I would assume that the slave cylinder has the reservior attatched to the top it. specially since they talk about a bleeder screw and fluid.:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would assume that the slave cylinder has the reservior attatched to the top it. specially since they talk about a bleeder screw and fluid.:)
Thanks for your assumption, you may be right, so I'll look into it. I'm one of those guys who tends to F*CK up the easiest modifications, so I try and learn as accurately as I can before I apply it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
K thanks for pointing that out ozone, I'm pretty sure i found it and it's the 1st picture i posted, the only thing is that it looks a lot different than Wtchdctr's and I have no clue where the banjo bolt is.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
The picture in my original post is an elantra slave sly. The accent is similar but in a diffrent locations. The first pic is the slave on your car.

If I remember right the accent I worked on had the same banjo fitting the elantra did. I am really tired atm, and it has been a long time since I did that work. In that pic the fitting on your slave looks way diffrent. If the spring assembly is still in the slave, if it really is diffrent, it will be behind that brass thing with the line running to it.

Banjo fitting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The picture in my original post is an elantra slave sly. The accent is similar but in a diffrent locations. The first pic is the slave on your car.

If I remember right the accent I worked on had the same banjo fitting the elantra did. I am really tired atm, and it has been a long time since I did that work. In that pic the fitting on your slave looks way diffrent. If the spring assembly is still in the slave, if it really is diffrent, it will be behind that brass thing with the line running to it.

Banjo fitting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

awesome, I'll just have to give it a try thanks a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts