Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help me hook up this chip? where do these wires go? i know it is supposed to go to the IATsensor but there is only 1 wire for it instead of 2.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Probably a waste of time. Return it and get a ram air intake:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
That crap is garbage!!! you paid like 60 bucks for a dang resistor, that costs like 20 cents at radio shack! one trick that civic owners do to the IAT sensor is they move it to the intake tubing about half way up....that way the air is cooler because it is farther away from the engine....never buy "chips" always use a good stand alone or if all else fails use a piggy back like Greddy E-Manage or Apexi s-AFC

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Emanage is a lot better than an SAFC its not a stand alone but gets the job done. SAFC would do you better though because your not boosted so you only really need small tunning.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Exactly...man you need to do more research on things before you buy them. that 60 bucks couldve got you a good CAI or heck you couldve scored a turbo off an old dsm and saved up for a junk yard turbo setup....me and my friend turbocharged his four banger mustang for like 500 bucks. T3 turbo flange, DP flange, RRFPR, turbo off 1g elclipse, exhaust, DSM BOV. it was pretty good

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes you need a giant whaletail spoiler! and some chrome 20's on that bitch:D

·
Registered
82 Posts
ok, I understand that it may be trash but my brother got me a chip similar to this one for my birthday and I want to try it out. Please dont flame me, I just need to know where the MAP sensor is and which wire is the IAT on an 08 MC 1.6l dohc. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I will not flame you but i will state that if you cut or splice into any of your wires and you end up frying a sensor or your ecu then say bye bye to your warranty on a brand new car to install a resistor that adds exactly 0 hp(dyno proven) especially on a stock engine....but anyway i believe its a yellow wire?? im not 100% sure though, i know it was a yellow wire on the previous generation. i think it was blue=signal, blue/white=power, yellow=iat

·
Registered
82 Posts
ok, I appreciate the info, now 1 more thing, where is the MAP sensor located? I'll make sure to take all precautions when installing so to avoid the warranty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
+1....but what can you do. we tried to tell him it was a piece of crap but he doesnt want to hear us. he probably already installed it and is now jumping for joy that he has gained MENTAL horsepower and he will post how much "faster" his car is....personally i would rather buy intake, header, exhaust, turbo, cams....you know real mods but to each it's own

·
Registered
131 Posts
haha...bad idea for him, funny story for us.

Yep you get the rims, the huge spoiler. Next you need is a 3000 watt bass stereo system, so you can play White & Nerdy by Weird Al. Oh wait, don't forget the 10000 k Hid headlight kit and the neon underglow kit aswell.

You'd be ballin' lol.

·
Registered
82 Posts
no, I have not installed it yet, and just because I don't know where the MAP sensor is, doesn't meant I am some kind of idiot. I have been looking around online and was about 90% sure I knew where it was but I just wanted to make sure from the guys who know for sure. But damn, if I had known I was going to be treated like some kind of retard then I wouldn't have even bothered with you guys.

·
Registered
82 Posts
haha...bad idea for him, funny story for us.

Yep you get the rims, the huge spoiler. Next you need is a 3000 watt bass stereo system, so you can play White & Nerdy by Weird Al. Oh wait, don't forget the 10000 k Hid headlight kit and the neon underglow kit aswell.

You'd be ballin' lol.
and to this, I'm am not some kind of ghetto fab wanna be. If I was, I wouldn't have bought an accent. and yes, I will be getting rims, Motegi Racing Traklites if you must know....cause you are apparently an idiot that tries to make up for his own insecurities by trying to make fun of others

1 - 20 of 23 Posts