Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you have it, i have it, we all have it and the biggest problem is we don't know where it's coming from...we LC owner's have big prolem's with the rear hatch creaking and rattling and that's even with am empty car...

i've been frustrated over the past month about this issue and i need to know if any of you have the rear hatch area creaking like it sound's like a loose door latch...

could this be from body flex or what?
willa rear strut tower bar cure this problem?
i mean i tried everything, i put in new rear hatch taligate weatherseals,
stuffed every cavity in the tailgate with foam, replaced my old gas strut's and
rubber undercoated the spare tire area but it still persist's, i rock the car to hear the creaking but i can't..

arrgh so frustrating

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
It might be rattling because of the rear arm bushings are worn (where they meet in the middle under the spare tire cavity). Get under your car and see if you can twist them. If they have any play, that is what is rattling.

(55215A and 55225A in the picture)

[Edited by Tugger5000 on Feb 19, 2006 3:49 PM]

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I think it comes from the littel rubber bumpers along the hatch opening, but in both the 2000 gsi I had and the 2003 gsi i have i have had no problems with hatch ratlle or noise.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
my subs beat the **** out of my hatch.. My interworking of my hatch are all out of wack and since the license plate frame doesnt have holes for the bottom.. that **** rattles too.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yes my LC's hatch rattles too:depressed:. It gets on my nerves sometimes and it is not very impressive. I think on mine the license plate and the hatch itself is rattling when going over bumps on the road. Even when my license plate was double taped on the hatch still rattled. What about the LC2 hatches going bumpy roads? CDubya has no problems with his. Any other LC2 owners? I am considering switching to an LC2 later if there is no fix for this problem. AAaayyyaaaa!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Double stick tape works wonders on the Licence plate hatch rattle. I've had mine on there for like a year now and no rattle.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My hatch rattles some but my sub is to blame for that. What does rattle is that stupid little board on that seperates the "trunk" and the cab. Haven't fixed that yet. I put sticky back velcro(the soft side) on the back of my plate and that releives all rattle from that. you can get it at any one of those craft stores in your area.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I sound detenented mine, and added screws to the bottom of the rear plate. Also if you open the hatch and the hook that the hatch clses on on the car, if you loosen those screws and and slide that hook down a little, the hatch will close tighter that should help some of the rattles, try the plate and moving the hatch latch and if it still rattles I have a couple other things you can try.

·
Registered
20 Posts
LilTimmy: Would the sliding of the hook you mentioned work on a -95 Accent aswell?
My hatch rattles ALOT.. Well that and my headlining of all things..
Damn those dual 12" subs ;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
i sound proofed the rear hatch, inside the hatch trim and the spare tyre well. it helps but there is still a rattle, a lot comes from the parcel shelf and stuff like the jack. also the hatch itself is heavy and when going over bumpy roads, the momnetum can shake it more. all hatches rattle, considerably more than sedans.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I did have rattles but now my whole trunk just flexes about 4 inches when I turn the system up.

paran0id I am not sure exactly how the latch is set up on your car but it should work, you can not move it all the way down or the trunk will not close so move it down a little bit, you may need some sound detening too with two 12's but moving the hook should help a little anyway try it it is free.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'll see if I can get a pic or something of it tomorrow.. Well today actually.. It's 4 am here..
Just have to charge my dig. camera..

While were on the subject of rattling. I have a rattle in what webtech refers to as a
quarter trim panel (or something like it). It's the part of the interior that is on the right
side of the rear passenger seats:

Anybody know exactly how to remove it so it can be "rattle-proofed" so to speak?

/p

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i wonder if a rear strut bar would help..since it would stiffen the rear.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just moved my bracket down and I noticed a difference in hatch rattle. Thanks for the info on that.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Originally posted by TAK82
[body]
[/body]
I doubt it, because the strut bars are attached directly to the chassis, not the body, and the body is what's doing the rattling.

[Edited by attist178 on Feb 22, 2006 8:52 AM]

·
Registered
886 Posts
Originally posted by TAK82
[body]
[/body]
I agree with attist, strut bars prevent the frame/chassis from twisting rattles are not caused by this they are mostly from the body vibrating, due to things such as stereos, exhausts, vibrations in the road. So I don't think it would help, but if you try it let us know if it works, I have been wrong many times before.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Yeah my trunk rattles a lot too in the x3... EVERYTHING rattles in that car with or without the subs.. dyno mat work great.. go rid of a lot of it... but still some...

for lisence plate rattles dynomat kicks ass... my plate is loose cuz one bolt won't tighten.. just spins.. and subs all the way up dosn't even rattle...

·
Registered
1 Posts
you have it, i have it, we all have it and the biggest problem is we don't know where it's coming from...we LC owner's have big prolem's with the rear hatch creaking and rattling and that's even with am empty car...

i've been frustrated over the past month about this issue and i need to know if any of you have the rear hatch area creaking like it sound's like a loose door latch...

could this be from body flex or what?
willa rear strut tower bar cure this problem?
i mean i tried everything, i put in new rear hatch taligate weatherseals,
stuffed every cavity in the tailgate with foam, replaced my old gas strut's and
rubber undercoated the spare tire area but it still persist's, i rock the car to hear the creaking but i can't..

arrgh so frustrating
My 2014 Tucson hatch started rattling. Found it's the latch and the U receive connection.
I used a 3/8 inch clear tubing on the latch. It tightens the connections. Of course it wears out. Going to try wrapping the U wine wire.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts