Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right I unhooked it. I left the sensor plugged in so I woudnt get a cel from it and disconnected all its vacuum hoses and plugged them. Then I adjusted the idle with the throttle body screw. Its so much better now... Before it would return to idle then bouce up about 500rpm the bounce back down to idle (sounded terrible). That crap is gone now, straight to idle. Cold starts arent an issue... Sounds/runs smoother!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow, now that's something I never considered !! I wonder why they just didn't come like that from factory ??

Looks like another piece of information for me to keep. Thanks Omg

Best regards :)

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was wondering why they put one on from the factory as well. My idle is currently set about 1100 (since I boosted it idled about 1400-1500, only 800 once in a blue moon). I would drop the idle down to 800 but my bov vents to the atmosphere and until I can clamp the voltage to entirely prevent stalling Im going to leave it where it is. It doesnt really give me a problem (vented bov) unless sound the bov off under high boost then stomp the clutch, it will drop too low of an ide (usually not stall). Their is no reason for me to do that anyway lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts