Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the 1.5l manual or the 1.6l manual? and how fast can i get these things going? and how well do they respond to turbo? im really fond of hyundai accents and i know you can get them going real quick so please get back to me? and does anybody know where there are some for sale i cant find any around here

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have a 1.5L accent. Its alright in speed. I think i got mines up to about 120mph before.
I am currently building a turbo for my car. I hurd that they dont mind boot at all.
But it all comes down to home much you want to spend on the car..

Where is "here"??????

·
Registered
147 Posts
hey jsharp were did u get those plug wires for the 1.5L 12 valve i cant find then anywere red like that plus my engine color is red so red like those would be great were u get them?

·
Registered
686 Posts
i have those magnecores too, i got them off the hyundai shop this forum used to have before it got sold

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Stock the 1.6l manual has a higher top speed than the 1.5l manual, but not by much. It seems to vary quite a bit from car to car also.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
^^^True
But then there is that question on boost. Both car respond well to boost but the 1.5 is a lot easier to get boosted. You can swap S-coupe GT rods and pistons to the 1.5 because they have the same engine, just one has forged internals. Also they have more after market parts you can use...although your prolly going to get more power out of the 1.6 DOHC, they have almost no turbo after market. So for simplicity get the 1.5 but if you want a challenge and IMO a better looking Accent get the 1.6. (not that the 1.5s are ugly I just like the look of the LC2s)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I suppose you can get the accent really quick but you can get any car really quick. The questions is...is there value to the platform. With such limited aftermarket support you'll be paying a lot of money to get a turbo done properly done and not half ass. I love my LC2 but I don't think of it as a good platform to mod. I hear people with Beta turbo'd cars only doing 15 sec 1/4 mile. Buy your accent and use it as a daily driver then save money for a better platform car to mod.

Chears

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Honda Civics are the same damn thing...what makes them any better...stupid CRX's...look like little turds to me...balls of crap running around like roaches getting chased by bees.

The Accent Looks better and Beta turbos only doing 15 sec runs on what 4 psi UN TUNNED? Get your beta turbo tuned at around 8 psi and you'll have 230 whp no problem 10 psi your looking at 267 whp (not a big jump but still there)

I know a guy with a TC who is running 8 psi on off a turbo similar size as mine...maybe smaller and hes getting 296 to the wheels...granted it is a Toyota but still a 2.0 is a 2.0 unless its got VTECH or MIVIC or something like that it gonna gain power in similar ways. I belieave an Accent w/ 200 whp can easily make a low 14 run...talking about 10-12 psi but HEY its still power.

ps I know the TC has a 2.4l engine...

·
Registered
687 Posts
Honda Civics are the same damn thing...what makes them any better...stupid CRX's...look like little turds to me...balls of crap running around like roaches getting chased by bees.

The Accent Looks better and Beta turbos only doing 15 sec runs on what 4 psi UN TUNNED? Get your beta turbo tuned at around 8 psi and you'll have 230 whp no problem 10 psi your looking at 267 whp (not a big jump but still there)

I know a guy with a TC who is running 8 psi on off a turbo similar size as mine...maybe smaller and hes getting 296 to the wheels...granted it is a Toyota but still a 2.0 is a 2.0 unless its got VTECH or MIVIC or something like that it gonna gain power in similar ways. I belieave an Accent w/ 200 whp can easily make a low 14 run...talking about 10-12 psi but HEY its still power.

ps I know the TC has a 2.4l engine...
For some odd reason...

I call BS on the tC hp gains. 8 psi to a 160/166 hp engine that prolly only gets around 140ish to the ground can't gain 150 hp just from that. ****, it took me 6k of supporting modifications to get 295 to all the wheels in my Talon and that's with me boosting at 16psi. With a bit of Torco and boosting it to 18, I MIIIGHT'Ve achieved 310/315.

Anyhoo, on the subject... You can get the Accent into 13's and 14's but you'll definitely need to do a Beta swap in order to do so. The 1.5/1.6L may be the same size as the B16's or close to it, but they dont' have the high end that they do, and they dont' respond as well to boost or have the aftermarket support like most Hondas do. Soooo, unless you've got a shitton of money and are an engineering expert, I wouldn't expect TOOO much outta them besides a fun autocross car.

Howie~

·
Registered
183 Posts
Haha I never meant go for a civic I wouldn't dare say that on the hyundai forums lol. The hyundai Accents aren't that good of a platform in terms of both speed and handling. Show me time slips or dyno sheets of Accents making 267WHP at 10 psi. This is my point exactly everyone says that you can make HUGE numbers out of small psi I have never seen a dyno or time slip ever! THe only one I saw was someone running a BETA turbo and he made low 15s. I suppose if you put a lot of money to put into it then you can make it fast but the fact still remains it's a small short wheel based Front wheel driver car. Save your money and get a RWD or AWD car that's meant to race and have that chassis to support large numbers you can't argue that. I certainly mean NO disrespect that's not how I am i'm just stating the facts here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alright....

thanks for all your input very much appreciated!!! I would like to know then what would you consider a good platform car to invest in? I will just use this as a daily driver. A lot of people just give me **** for driving a hyundai but i just love the way the accent looks and stuff. And its a honda eater you have no idea how many hondas i beat around here just with this automatic its ridiculous. But i also had tons of problems with this car too. Can anybody tell me more about these error codes? And what i got to do to replace them.... here they are
p.s- please message back i need to know bad!!!

P1529
P0722
P0133

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Can anybody tell me more about these error codes? And what i got to do to replace them.... here they are
p.s- please message back i need to know bad!!!

P1529
P0722
P0133
P1529 - Your transmission control module requested that your ECM turn on the CEL.

P0722 - Automatic Transmission Pulse Generator fault.
(TCM needs updated by Hyundai dealer. Then check if problem goes away, then test resistance of Pulse Generator and replace if bad.)

P0133 - O2 Sensor Slow Response, Bank 1, Sensor 1
(Look for exhaust leak and/or frayed wires or bad connectiond to the O2 sensor. If none found test and replace O2 sensor in exhaust manifold if necessary.)

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
For some odd reason...

I call BS on the tC hp gains. 8 psi to a 160/166 hp engine that prolly only gets around 140ish to the ground can't gain 150 hp just from that. ****, it took me 6k of supporting modifications to get 295 to all the wheels in my Talon and that's with me boosting at 16psi. With a bit of Torco and boosting it to 18, I MIIIGHT'Ve achieved 310/315.
unfortunatly I saw the dyno sheet. I hte this kid by the way and in no way would I ever give him props. But sadly its what the dyno said he was getting..how long he lasts I give him a month before it blows...car has 1,500 miles on it to so who knows.

You guys really need to give the 1.6 a little more credit. hell off 5 pounds and using compleatly stock fuel system and I went up almost 50 hp over stock..from 91 whp stock to 143 whp and im not even tuned. So to say it doesnt respond to boost is compleatly wrong...

Beside this forum is for people who like and modify Hyundais. Why are you telling this poor guy to quit on his car before he has done anything to it. The whole reason I am where i am with my car was because I couldnt just GET/BUY a better car. Dispite what everyone said i ept going..now Im on my way to getting what I started finished and Im happy. So what Im not gonna get over 200 hp so what if I dont handle like a proper sports car. Its not about that. Your welcome to do as you wish, but i say have fun with it....

·
Registered
127 Posts
ok honestly with this whole psi **** its funny reading on all this yes and no for it you can crank out higher hp with low psi IF the big IF you build the motor for it like valves/springs, cams, sleaved, port and polish, pistons, connection rods, everything and SPECIALY what alot of people lack is a light weight and balanced CRANKSHAFT and not just the exhaust even though exhaust is important to do, all those will make it easier for your car to provide more gain for the boost but on the same token look around alot of that is custom parts even for the beta 2.0 not to mention if you accualy build your motor like your supposed to you will be able to run more boost. what im getting at if your going to turbo your car and you want the most out of your boost than you got to spend some money youll be suprized how much building the motor will gain with a turbo. but ya hope that helps out and stops the fighting lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so...

what do i got to do to fix them error codes? i got a warranty on the tranny i got that first code is that part of the tranny i take it? and as far as fixing my exhaust did that so replacing the 02 im going to have to do... what about the first and second how do i go about fixing them?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts