Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

somebody kick me....

3K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  turboxl 
#1 ·
i saw my car for the first time in a month today, took her for a drive... WTF WAS I THINKING???!!!

if i was my car i would kick me in the balls. i deserve it :cry:

no longer for sale.

forgie's and 12' sec 1/4 mile's coming your way soon 8D

[Edited by T-WING on Dec 15, 2005 11:29 PM]

#5 ·
man that sucks... but such is life i guess... just when things are perfect, something fvcks up... anyways good luck with the sale and hope to hear good news from ya in the future.

#7 ·
Originally posted by OzFxCoupe
[body]
Why don't you just get another credit card or a loan?

Borrow 10 grand, pay off your debts & pay the loan off in due time.
[/body]
No offence man, but thats the worst possible advice ive ever heard. Debit consolidation, fair enough, but i think he's doing the right thing.

Keep the X2 and be happy, then when you want a fast car, buy a skyline or a wrx or something man. Mad props for being different, but u know what, who cares if ur different or the same.

#8 ·
^ Whatever mate... I just think it's a shame to put that much time, effort & money into a car to just give it away for the sake of what is essentially a relatively small amount of debt.

If you had a $35,000 diamond & debts that total around 10 grand, would you sell the diamond for $10,000 just to clear you debts? I know I wouldn't.

BTW, sorry for the OT stuff Morgan.

[Edited by OzFxCoupe on Dec 8, 2005 1:07 AM]

#12 ·
im conciddering taking out a loan. yes, i have put so much in to this car i dont think i could bare to let it go, but on the flip side it may be monumentaly stupid to borrow money to solve a problem that was caused by borrowing money.

im torn :cry:

#13 ·
Atleast then you can pay it off where as it sounds like your debts need to be paid very soon. It will give you that extra time to pay it all off. And if it doesnt work then you can still sell it then.

Just my 0.02

--Aaron--

#14 ·
how does $16000 sound? more appealing ya think? i might be able to pay off the $2000 debit.

#15 ·
yo TWING, have you thought of borrowing the cash from your parents? I dunno what your family situation is and wether this is an option, but wen i bought my excel my parents put up the money and i paid them back (mind you i was only 16). Just a thought. Like i say im young and have never been in proper debt before so i dunno.
Cheers, Anand. :)

#16 ·
my parents just rang me to ask me for a couple hundred $ for christmas:cry:

#17 ·
Geez,sorry to hear about all of this. I remember all the SHlT you went through over a year ago(the Microtech not wanting to play for example),if it were me,I would at least look into debt consolidation and pay it back over a couple of years at a reduced interest(credit cards are bastards!) or MAYBE see if your missus could at least be understanding enough to cut you a break if you can convince her just how much the car means to you.
Of course at the end of the day though,debts need to be paid so it's your choice!

#19 ·
she lives in my garage8D

#20 ·
good to hear its back

but honestly mate just drive it like a granma for 6 months and try not to spend any cash on it, maybe drop the boost etc.

not to be a stick in teh mud, but i mean what happens next time somethign goes wrong???????

just my .02c

#22 ·
i dont know what im going to do if somthing else goes wrong, but i do know i just couldnt bare to sell it.

i geuss after not seeing or driving it for a while i thought i could do without it.

i also got no idea what im going to do about the $8000 i owe:depressed:

btw it broke down again today... sombody used oil line for a fuel line. could have burned my car to the ground. i hope i never have to take it to a mechanic again. every time i do i get screwd.

now at least i have a back up car.

#24 ·
everything seems to be done properly now. and i payed big for it too. but the car goes like new and a lot of the little things that may go wrong problems have been resolved.

i think he overlooked that particular hose that said OIL that was being used as a fuel line. and untill it broke so did i.

hope fully that was the last little gremlin.

iv been driving my car alot the last couple days, with the suspension mods it corners unbelivebly well. the new brake pads make a huge difference, and i sware it is going HEAPS harder than it did before.

i have found somone who can do forged internals for me for $3500, if i can get the cash together.

once that is done the car ought to be more or less 'bullet proof'

and im about to get the jetspeed bodykit i have wanted foe a while.

#26 ·
no kick.. just i pray for you that you will make the right descision.

Your car seems to have a evil spell cast upon on it. Or at least everything related to the so called 170kw@wheels turbo kit. Everythings fallen appart, blown up, taped together, glued together, loose bolts, ruptured hoses, blown gearboxes, seized motors fark. I would make a sacrifice to the evil gods above and burn the BITCH, or sell the car for what a stock accent goes for $10000? and throw in a free turbo kit. Cause youd be an idiot to pay a $6000 for a turbo kit that seems to have issues every few weeks or causes everything that its attached to to **** up. Be done with the lemon and cut your losses. Buy a car thats fast from the start and you will be much happier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.