Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does it make sense too anyone here that if i had to get a replacement passenger side fender that my hood and passenger door would need to be repianted. someone crushed my damn passenger side fender and im gonna mostly be paying to repaint the door and my damn hood. Any suggestions are welcome, Spike, you usually hace a answer for everything, lol

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
I am kinda lost reading it lol

Depends on the color of the car, and how good the shop is that does the work

if the car is black...Black is easy to match

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, kinda confusing lol. Well passenger side front fender was damaged, most likey it will have to be replaced. The body shop i went to quoted me a 1000 dollar price tag. Now they said because they have to replace the fender and repaint it they would also have to repaint the passenger side door, and hood to match it. Well if they have to repaint those, why not repaint the whole damn car. The damge on the bumper is fixable so thats not what i am worried about. Im worried about the fender because i apparently have to repaint have the car just for replacing that on piece.

My car is just plain silver so how hard is that to match to the rest of the car.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Well the whole paint match thing is a big factor when painting anything. Hyundai uses wierd isn't the word but different colors in their paitn to get to one color.

I have not personally painted a silver car, black yes, and white (fyi has yellow pigment in it) so if silver is "pure" in color shouldn't be a huge issue.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing is though that my car is just silver, and 2 months old. I dont see why people get z3 style fenders installed and dont have there crap repainted. I went to my firends bf and he said it was not necessary to do and they were trying ti take advatage. Hes going to do it for like 400 bucks less, im just going to visit a few more bodyshops tomorrow to get some more opinions beofre i do anything. Spike any chance you know where to get a factory fender other than the dealer. My bodyshop says my fender costs 270, my dealer says 230, anywhere else i can check

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I just got back from my dealers bodyshop and if i pay cash they will give me price cut on paint, labor, and the new fender I will have to buy. Its gonna come to a lil over a grand and insurance is outta the question. The bodyshop manager explained to me why silver is the hardest to paint match. I was trying to hit on her a bit, lol not to get my bill down, but bacuse she was pretty damn cute. well anyays im getting a new fender, and my door and hood will have to be repainted. it will be worth it in the end, but this is gonna hurt the fact that i was ready to order some 18 inch konig rims. I have to save up till about the last week of oct to get the body work done, although i would like to get it done sooner i will just consider the dame a battle wound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts