Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help im afraid to bring my 2001 elantra to the dealership. its been knocking for about a week when i get to about 2500 rpm. ive been driving nice not bringing it up past that. anyways im not sure on what to do. if i bring it in they probably wont cover it and ill be wasting the 100 bucks just to have them tell me its broke. i thought about taking it apart myself and putting some performance pistons, rods and a new crank. but it looks like it will be a little too expensive for my blood. so my next move is unknown. im not sure what im really asking you guys. maybe im just venting. if anyone has some ideas please let me know. thanx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a cold air intake that i made out of pvc. catback exhaust and brake mods. they wouldnt cover my axles when i went in last and basically they tell me to go to hell. i have done all my own oil changes and have some receipts but they want like a year and a half back of proof. i dont have that much. is it feesable for me to do it myself. i hear it is a big pain. ive never actually worked with the bottom half of the motor before.. but ive done just about everything else on a car. i really want to go all out but money is keeping me down. i dont know what to do. i work at a vw dealership in sales and my service manager is supposedly in good with the rep for hyundai in my area. so i m still exploring that route. but i have to do somthing soon because it is hard to drive the car under 3000 rpms everywhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts