Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Korean_Redneck.

I apoligize for my lack of grammer skills...

I am totally against smoking. I like to argue with smokers because most of the excuses they make are weak. They try to find a way to make smoking less harmful than it already is!! Here is a collection of excuses smokers make. I have more excuses people make, but they seem to be blurred in my brain from second hand smoking. :smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

Smoker's Excuse #1: Everybody dies at one point

Response: Why would you die miserable? Smoking is slow suicide.

Smoker's Excuse #2: Eating Unhealthy Foods and Alcohol can kill you too!

Response: We need food to live, its our responsible to balance it out. Alcohol is also considered food. Drinking 1 serving of alcohol per day is good for you. There are no advantages to smoking. nothing. nada. zilch.

Smoker's Excuse #3: George Burns lived a long time and he smoked a Cigar Everyday! Or... My So and So lived a long time and he/she Smoked alot!

Response: Inflammation of the Skin and a irritated throat(groggy voice like the singer "Pink") are Problems all smokers suffer. Some Cigerette smokers get lucky once in a while, but that doesn't mean you can count on them on living proof that Cigerettes do no harm. Most senior Cigerrette smokers are already in their graves. You can talk to them in future.

Smoker's Excuse #4: Cigerettes can kill? HAHA How about the people who get hit by cars and die?

Response: If you can find a law saying that it is illegal to have an accident, I will be your servant for 5 years. You can prevent accidents, but regardless of what we're doing, accidents happens! We cannot control it and most of the time we don't know when its coming! Smoking on the other hand is slow suicide. Consequences are inevitable. One puff of a cigerette is already bad enough, you are digging your own grave little by little.

Smoker's excuse #5: How about that marathon runner who died by drinking too much water?

Response: In order to survive, the body needs sodium. Of course too much sodium can give you problems, but too little can give you problems too. Water lowers the Sodium level in your body. Scientifically, I don't know why the body needs sodium, Possibly for sweat(cooling the body?), but I know its important.

Young Smoker's Excuse #1: I don't care if people are bothered when I smoke. I love smoking. Nobody can stop me! If they're bothered by me smoking, they can move!

Response: This is a common comment with Young smokers. Teenage smokers think they are Invincible, yet, most are uneducated on the consequences of smoking.

[Edited by Korean_Redneck on Mar 4, 2006 1:33 PM]

[Edited by Korean_Redneck on Mar 4, 2006 1:35 PM]

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I used to smoke like 2 packs at the strip club in a 4 hr time. I stopped cold turkey because it was gross the next morning when I coughed.. So Its more of a mental thing than anything else... so its not hard to stop smoking.

The one about.. "well we're going to die anyways" should be answered w/ "Well do you want to pay someone to kill you slowly"? (Watch the first chapter of Clerks =) )

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I was pack a day for quite a while. I got sick of hacking up a lung when I woke up and smelling like ****. I started smoking at 13. Quit at 23. 10 years was plenty. I'll live a happier healthier life now that I've quit. I push for friends to quit, but I'm not hypocritical about it. They will when they can.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations man. My old man has been smoking for 25 years.. i wish he would just quit. He just reduced the amount he smokes.. instead of a pack a day. .. he smokes 1/3 of a cigerette for breakfast, 1/3 for Lunch and 1/3 for Dinner. but reducing is not going to reduce the risk of cancer.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Smoking caused my grandma's stroke that left her suffering with use of only half her body and 2 words while being pushed around in a wheelchair and taken care of like an infant for over 10 years. I hate smoking.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
http://www.theeasywaytostopsmoking.com/

The author actually wants you to smoke while you're reading the book. The key is buying the book (don't borrow it, you'll need to reference it once in awhile)...

[Edited by Tugger5000 on Mar 5, 2006 7:48 PM]

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hey Korean_Redneck , this is a great post. And i am for your cause 100%... however from your initial post you seem to look down on smokers. i think that it is harsh to kinda pick at smokers excuses because ide say although they know it is bad for them they dont see it as something they shouldnt do. Same goes for something like speeding, driving dangerously etc... a smoker might view a driver who does 100km/h (60mph) in a residential zone in the same light as you view smokers. So yea, before you knitpick at their excuses, consider wat your excuse for speeding might be.

Sorry to bore you guys, just something i wanna say.

P.s. I believe pot to be just as bad as ciggarettes, but really only because ive seen first hand how prolonged use can fvck you up...

Cheers for listenin, Anand. :)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^

Smoker's Excuse #4: Cigerettes can kill? HAHA How about the people who get hit by cars and die?

Response: If you can find a law saying that it is illegal to have an accident, I will be your servant for 5 years. You can prevent accidents, but regardless of what we're doing, accidents happens! We cannot control it and most of the time we don't know when its coming! Smoking on the other hand is slow suicide. Consequences are inevitable. One puff of a cigerette is already bad enough, you are digging your own grave little by little.

Too add to that. As for me.. i admit, i got 5 over the speed limit all the time. when people speed, they get a ticket, they have the consequences and for some, they wont' do it again. As for Smoking, it is not against the law and its very harmful. So training like this is the only way to decrease smoking habits. Usually, the consequences for smoking is long term and sometimes too late to cure.

In Conclusion. Speeding, driving dangerously and killing somebody is called an Accident.

Smoking is no accident. Its slow suicide.

[Edited by Korean_Redneck on Mar 12, 2006 10:29 AM]

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Speeding, driving dangerously and killing someone is NOT an accident. It is called a car crash. You get ticketed for a car crash for whatever reason. It's no accident. There is a cause and it is always due to negligence.

I happen to smoke. I also hate it. I also hate people like you who take negative hits at people for bad habits. Everyone has them. Quit bitching and GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY!!!!!

:)

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Gentlemen and Ladies,

Smoking and speeding are both bad. Regardless, this is a smoking is bad for your health topic. Keep it on topic. No bickering or points need to be made further to provoke one another.

Thank you.

Predominately this forum is kept clean of BS and bickering and I like that. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Hyundai92Excel
[body]
Speeding, driving dangerously and killing someone is NOT an accident. It is called a car crash. You get ticketed for a car crash for whatever reason. It's no accident. There is a cause and it is always due to negligence.

I happen to smoke. I also hate it. I also hate people like you who take negative hits at people for bad habits. Everyone has them. Quit bitching and GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY!!!!!

[/body]
When you are speeding and driving dangerously, You don't mean to kill somebody. if you do,, its an accident. If you do mean to kill somebody. its call murder...

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Originally posted by Korean_Redneck
[body]
Originally posted by Hyundai92Excel
[body]

[/body]
When you are speeding and driving dangerously, You don't mean to kill somebody. if you do,, its an accident. If you do mean to kill somebody. its call murder...
[/body]
Whenyou are speeding and driving dangerously if you kill someone this is considered homicide/murder. You will be tried by a jury and convicted. Ignorance is no excuse.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
i quit two or three years ago. i wish my mother would quit....

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You just couldn't leave it alone.

This topic is being locked.

[Edited by Doc on Mar 13, 2006 7:17 AM]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.