Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today my adapter came alone with a 2002 ecu from elantra.
Plugged it right in , crank crank, nothing. So here we go:
Two things you need to know doing this thing.
1st:
Crankshaft position sensor.
The LC has 2 wires and the XD has 3. Using hmaservice.com I managed to solve this problem. The car fired right up!
** you'll definately need the crankshaft position sensor from the donor engine **

2nd:
Oxygen sensor up.
The LC's plug and the XD's plug are different by 2 wires. heater circuit and Voltage are backwards. Switching those 2 wires and cel goes away. Also on hmaservice.
Just switch the two wires in your sensor's plug.

The car has changed it's attidute. It's more aggressive in the low end and oh boy how about it's middle rpm.. You should try this 100% works. Congratulations to SFR for this nice adapter. You'll also see a huge difference from gear to gear as right now my 1st to 2nd can chirp the 17"s!. I loose traction even from 2nd to 3rd the steering wheel goes like crazy!

P.S. I have some CELs such as A/T tranny missing and a p0423-p0447 crap which is the damn tank pressure switch/sensor which I don't have as my car is european and we didn't get this **** with emissions here. Webtech says no limp mode with this so I don't even care..
PPL try this!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
so you say it works..but yet you had to go and switch wires and add a crank pos sensor? Also you never got back to me about the Crystal occilator.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh sorry about the crystal oscillator but after a little testing I saw that the oscillator maybe rises the rev limiter but it messes up the whole ecu's map. It distorts the power curve and it makes the car like ****. The difference is only at high end but you lose all your low and middle throttle response.

·
Registered
13 Posts
like i said it isn't about the time. some people don't know how to rewire things i my self do but but that is besides the point. 230 is worth it if you are clueless when it comes to wires

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Then there's me, I'm just lazy.

I just want the plug for the ECU so that I can wire the rest up to a standalone.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Personally...

I think it's a little more difficult than actually wiring in a Flux Capacitor. You should see the gains I've gotten from that! Wahoo!!!

Howie~

·
Registered
686 Posts
To the future!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I know about wiring a lot but 1st I don't have the patience to do it and 2nd even if you do it and your car starts to bog down will you know which wire you did wrong? no, so you'll have to start over and over. I say the hell with it. 230 it is with certain results.

·
Registered
845 Posts
this is very intresting. Japakos, so it made a world of difference basiclly?

I always said all along that those sensors listed would need to adjusted to suit. But good to know it works!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, tak82 has dibs on it. If he doesn't get it, pm me if you are interested. This thing is awesome but for beta2 engines. My beta1 run but with the crank/cam sensors rotated which I didn't like so I removed it and I'm selling now. The performance of the 2.0 ecu is what can I say... magnificent.....

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
question is, could you pull off using a beta ECU on a 1.6?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know about that because the cam/crank sensor aren't the same. If you manage to start the car it will go like ****. What's the point anyway.. afterall you're still need some sort of piggyback for it to run properly.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
oh well of course...just a thought. Seeing as people are able to run thier betas on the 1.6 ECu thought it would be cool idea.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
the adapter is officially mine, i've sent him payment this evening

i shouldn't have any problems having the ecu adpater work on my car since it's a beta II right??and all i have to do is plug in the beta crank sensor?

do i really have to fiddle with the o2 sensor wires?
but isn't the beta I o2 sensor wires dfferent from the beta II?

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey japakos, which ECU are you running atm? is that the 1.6 DOHC computer? i like what you are saying. Tak82, did you end up installing it into your accent?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts