Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
along with my quality 97 hyundai i get alot of road noise, mostly from the back.

anything i can do to improve this? ive seen dynamat and quiet car, but i was wondering if there is any diy at home i can try before i go out and buy this stuff.

·
Registered
686 Posts
its basically self explanitory, dynamat your trunk, if you get the cheap stuff its half as think (thus, half as effective) pull all your carpet up in the trunk take out your spare, jack, all that good stuff. and just lay it on, cover the whole bottom. some people use a roller, some use their hands, the better its on the quieter it is. Just be careful that stuff likes to cuts up hands.

·
Registered
56 Posts
dynamat is probably the best idea but i have seen others use rubberized undercoating and love it. they even sell the coating with sound deadener. you can buy it at autozone

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think im going to order dynamat.

do you think 12 sq. feet is enough for the whole car or should i go with 50?

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
edead is a better bet..you get mroew fo it and it's performance and quality is just as good as dynamat..

when you buy dynamat, you just get a large thick sheet,

edead if applied properly and with a roller, will work and srve you well,

i have edead on my car and works great

·
Registered
103 Posts
As far as a DIY. . . Home depot sells a 4 wide roll of rubber for About $50 its 1/8" thick. With two layers of this stuff (stuck down with contact cement) its just as good as dynamat and a lot cheaper. (plus no worries about cutting up your hands

·
Registered
67 Posts
I used sound deadner from the spray can in my 280z with a straight piped 2.5 inch inline 6. Its really loud and the spray helped alot. Plus a can is only like 8 bucks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I used 24 or 36 (cant remember) square feet in my Integra - that did the insides of the front doors twice, and one layer around the sides/rear. I did not have enough left over to even start on the hatch, and I didn't use any on the floor. Square feet get used up quick in a car!

I vote edead. I haven't used it yet but will surely be ordering some off of ebay after xmas. Dynamat xtreme is what was in my teg, and it worked pretty well. Your best bet is to buy as much as you can afford reasonably - and layer the stuff. Better to have some "leftovers" to help track down other rattles than to not have enough. I don't even have my system installed yet and I can already hear my license plate rattlin around just from driving!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts