Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sooo... i wanna get a new motor for the car, any one know of one in the area?

...any events going on anytime soon?

·
Registered
63 Posts
i just bought a motor from this wrecker:

Standard Auto Wreckers

they have a yard in markham and a yard in niagara falls, NY. my engine was delivered from the NY yard to toronto for $15.00.

looks like they have a few accent engines in stock, including these ones:

2003 Engine Hyundai Accent 1.6L 64,412km $367

2001 Engine Hyundai Accent 1.6L 139,000km $350

·
Registered
227 Posts
Check with Rixshark, he knows of a junkyard closer to you in hamilton that may be able to help.

Here is the map to it at least....

Google Maps

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thaks guys <3

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Visit:

Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

and use the scroll down menus to select the part you want and from what car. For an engine transplant, I would recommend an Elantra, there are more of them, so prices should be cheaper when compared to a Tiburon. 2000 elantra 2.0L start at $500 bucks, with a couple of wreckers located in Brantford, Mississauga, and Stoney Creek.

Remember, with a used engine, remember to replace the following before installing the engine as you do not know how long the engine was sitting around:

-Timing belt
-Spark plugs, wires
-Oil filter and oil obviously
-All drive belts

It is easiest to replace the T belt with the engine out of the engine as it is grossly more accessable.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you're from dundas - always live there.
im orignally from hamilton mountain - just off rexford

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
grimmy said:
Visit:

and use the scroll down menus to select the part you want and from what car. For an engine transplant, I would recommend an Elantra, there are more of them, so prices should be cheaper when compared to a Tiburon. 2000 elantra 2.0L start at $500 bucks, with a couple of wreckers located in Brantford, Mississauga, and Stoney Creek.

Remember, with a used engine, remember to replace the following before installing the engine as you do not know how long the engine was sitting around:

-Timing belt
-Spark plugs, wires
-All drive belts

It is easiest to replace the T belt with the engine out of the engine as it is grossly more accessable.
hey, good to see youre still here.

·
Registered
492 Posts
grimmy said:
Visit:

-Timing belt
-Spark plugs, wires
-All drive belts

add water pump to that list and its also a good time for a clutch replacement since you are there, saves lots of work later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts