Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the front speakers make this "thimp" sound rather than a "thump" when the base hits. Kinda sounds like someone snappin their fingers, into a megaphone. Anyway, weird thing is it only happens when my car is ON. If the car is off and i just have the stereo goin, it sounds fine. BTW, i have stock '02 Accent GL speakers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've turned my base down, no more weird noise. I fade the sound to the rear and (of course) the problem goes away. I've turned the car off, cranked the stereo to an uncomfortable level and the speakers sound fine. I havent tried anything that involves messing with the speaker itself for fear of jackin it up even more...

·
Registered
453 Posts
(1)How is the sub amp mounted?Is it mounted directly to chassis metal,or is there carpet or something non-conductive in between?
(2)Is the amp gain up more then 1/2?
(3)What about the amp ground cable? Is it the same ga as power? Is it bolted down to bare chassis metal?

Oh..................Are you using an aftermarket deck? If factory,are you using a line out converter?Also, are the factory speakers on the deck or on an external amp?

[Edited by MADTIB on Sep 29, 2004 9:12 PM]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have NO aftermarket items for my sound system other than a tape adapter. I don't know wat is connected to what because i havent looked at that yet and would prefer not to unless necessary

·
Registered
7,377 Posts
ok pull the radio out of the dash and turn the car on. turn up the volume to where it would happen. if i happens pull out the speaker and ohm it out. if it checks good. take you rt speaker and swap it with the left. if it still happens it's the deck or you got a chaffed wire you need to shoot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts