Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but really didnt find any answerings

So I want some springs for my car something along the line of 1.8 all around. Now is there anything that has a half decent ride and handling with out bump steer?

The Intrax springs seem to have exactly what im looking for

anyone using them?

[Edited by GregsterGSi on Feb 22, 2006 8:58 PM]

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had the Intrax springs on my LC and loved them. Not sure how they will differ ride wise on the '06 as I've never tried it but I would definitely recommend the springs.

·
Registered
453 Posts
i know your not thinking about them, but dont get eibach, I was deeply dissapointed with them, mainly because I wanted performance, and all I got was a drop...

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have Zenn springs with about a 2" drop. Very good price and the ride isnt too bad. I havent noticed any bump steer.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
you can always settle with the 1.6 to 1.5 drop provided by B&G suspension, i have them and they are waiting to be installed, i'll let you know the difference once i get them in. ALSO im changing my struts to KYB which is why im waiting, i have 56,000 miles on the car so i guess its a good idea to change the struts as well when i change the springs, but thats just my opinion

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Sorry to go a bit off topic, but I have a real quick question to GregsterGSi....why do you have your car as a 2006 Accent GSi in your signature....cuz there is no GSi, its only the GLS, and the trim name or anything doesn't change with the Premium Sport Package, I was looking at em just for sh*ts and giggles today.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by attist178
[body]
Sorry to go a bit off topic, but I have a real quick question to GregsterGSi....why do you have your car as a 2006 Accent GSi in your signature....cuz there is no GSi, its only the GLS, and the trim name or anything doesn't change with the Premium Sport Package, I was looking at em just for sh*ts and giggles today.
[/body]
My car is a 2006 Accent Gsi in canada or GT in the US. But it was built in Nov 2005 as a 06 Model, My car is the last of the LC2s

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yeah I just looked at the Hyundai Canada website...my apologies. Here in the U.S. there aren't 2006 LC2 Accents...the only 2006 Accent on the U.S. market is that nasty sedan.

[Edited by attist178 on Feb 23, 2006 5:49 PM]

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by attist178
[body]
Yeah I just looked at the Hyundai Canada website...my apologies. Here in the U.S. there aren't 2006 LC2 Accents...the only 2006 Accent on the U.S. market is that nasty sedan.

[Edited by attist178 on Feb 23, 2006 5:49 PM]
[/body]
well they are selling the 06 Accentrolla ( i think it looks like a corolla) here to as an 06 along with the LC2 sedans as 2006s.. People are confused...

·
Registered
508 Posts
ok i too al look for springs, i want to start racing this summer so i need to update my suspension. i was look at that eibach or b&g 1.6 with kyb gr-2 or koin sport (if i find) ??? got any tips for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i had custom springs made at a local truck spring shop it was only 350 canadian and it droped 4.5 inch now i need a camber kit to go with it any ideas

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
4.5 inches??? What the hell size wheel are you using? That seems a bit extreme... :??:

·
Registered
589 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.ca/CM-Lowering-Springs-HYUNDAI-ACCENT-99-05-04-03-02-01-00_W0QQitemZ8000570175QQcategoryZ33582QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

these look pretty good! and cheap! might have to try them:)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yeah, those look pretty good. The drop isn't too extreme either. Let us know how they work out if you decide to get them.

·
Registered
589 Posts
i read the feedback for the seller and 1 of 2 complaints was from a neon owner, he said the back end wasn't low enough.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
could it be due to inconsistent spring heights?

also note that the strut mount isn't level, the top of a strut spring is sloped for some reason and the strut mount which is also sloped at an angle has the match the spring's slope so it mount's at a flat 90 degree angle don't you think that explain's the height?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts