Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here it is, a very faint very high pitch squeak seems to come from my right font wheel. This sound has just started to happen. It seems to happen on and off, and it also seems to get worse on right hand corners. Im at a loss to what the problem is, is it a bering? the CV joints? or just brake dust? I have yet to tear it apart yet, but i just wanted some options before then. btw... this started after I raised my front up around a 1/4 inch, and i still rub....

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
get your car up on jackstands and grab the wheel and shake the hell out of it in all directions. if it moves then its probably a wheel bearing. if not its probably youre brakes.

for brakes go to advanced auto and get that gooey brake quiet crap and put it between your pads and calipers (NOT YOUR ROTOR) and itll go away. and ALWAYS grease your caliper sliders :devious:

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, on the brakes thing, i did that, but before this happened i drove the crap out of it on my favorite road, and had *major* brake fade by then end, so... i might have glazed over my nice cermaic pads, or can you. and yeah, the car goes into my shop tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts