Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled up next to a SRT the other night. He started revving, I laughed, but gunned it. Had him through 1st, and about 2/3 of 2nd. Then of course, he blew me away.

Pulled up next to him at the next light. He started revving again, I laughed again. Green, GO! Had him through 1st and most of 2nd again, then a horrible popping noise and fireballs from under his hood, he hits his blinkers and coasts to the side of the road, I keep going.

So by default, I killed a SRT-4. LOL!

...sucks for him...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
i'm not suprised that happened. srt4's have good power but they are built pretty cheaply because it's kinda a car that dodge threw together quick to keep up with the import scene. i'm not talking trash about them because i've seen a lot of fast srt's at the tracks. they got balls, but i there was one that was trying to mess with me a couple of weeks back and he revving at me then sudden all i herd was POP and some sparks came out from under his car. not sure what it was but it's not my problem...

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
LMAO PWNT!:lol::lol::lol: , good for him thats what he gets for street racing, although i catch myself doing it from time to time, but its all good :)

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by busy_squirrel
[body]
Same thing happened when I raced one. I was ahead until about 1/2 way through 2nd. His didn't die though. Betcha got a good laugh outta that.
[/body]
Yes sir I did.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
them srt-4s backfire like a bitch, and they sound INSANE fully modded, check out that 10sec srt-4 in this forum, its my buddy nick from topnotch AZ.. sounds sooo insane..

hahah, an srt4 died.. prob. had it over boosted and detonated..

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
couple things..
1.SRT-4 has wheel hop like MAD from the factory.
2.. he probably doesnt know how to drive.
3. if it was a 2003.. they dont have LSD (NOT THE DRUG)
4.. nice he felt the Accent curse that your car has and put it upon another car. So I think you lifted your curse. HAHAHA (that is one reason while I wont race you w/ my SRT.. your damn car us ****ing cursed)

Also, was it red? One idiot in a Red SRT-4 tried to run off and almost into a minivan in front of him. Plus I know a friend of mine who let me test drive his (and learn stick on) that was red and has a notical (sp?) star on the driverside hood/fender.

Good kill.. kinda.. lol

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Feb 24, 2006 11:01 AM]

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by ftwvampftw
[body]
couple things..
4.. nice he felt the Accent curse that your car has and put it upon another car. So I think you lifted your curse. HAHAHA (that is one reason while I wont race you w/ my SRT.. your damn car us ****ing cursed)

Also, was it red? One idiot in a Red SRT-4 tried to run off and almost into a minivan in front of him. Plus I know a friend of mine who let me test drive his (and learn stick on) that was red and has a notical (sp?) star on the driverside hood/fender.

Good kill.. kinda.. lol
[/body]
What do 1, 2 and 3 have to do with this? And it was Silver and lowered.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Originally posted by 03-Accent-03
[body]
[body]
couple things..

Good kill.. kinda.. lol
[/body]
[/body]
Probably the reason you beat him off the line.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Originally posted by DDAccent01
[body]
Originally posted by 03-Accent-03
[body]
[body]
couple things..

Good kill.. kinda.. lol
[/body]
[/body]
Probably the reason you beat him off the line.
[/body]
Pretty much

·
Registered
126 Posts
A friend of mine just got AGP motor/tranny mounts, he said it all but eliminated wheel hop. When I start taking mine to the track I'll pick some up before I do.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
ya know, i just saw a stock silver srt go up against a .50 trim black srt and the difference is just crazy.... talkin bout puttin some car lengths between 2 cars in a matter of seconds.... all i can say is damn those things are fast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts