Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my ssautochrome header and catback exhaust installed along with a magnaflow(carsound) hiflow cat. VERY nice for a total of $300 for the exhaust and $75 for the cat ( all incl shipping ). NO FART CAN / BEES SOUND.
Bolted up perfect except I need to get my air sensor wires extended and the rear one drilled / mounted. Not their fault my lousy car had the CA 2 sensor deal.
Weird that I have no CEL yet. Prolly any day.
Anyhow, I will crawl under this weekend and post pics - but if anyone needs one - I am VERY pleased.
:rambo:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Was it hard putting the sensors back in? Im planning on doing a headback in my X3. Do the sensors come right out, or do they break coming out. I hope I dont have to replace them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sensors just unscrewed. No prob. I still have to hook them up.
If you have the non CA car setup, you won't have to do anything other than screw it in.
The muffler was included.
I got it all online. There's a thread about the guy with the carsound cats - I had him custom make the 2 and 3 hole flanges for $10 so I didn't have to weld anything.
ssautochrome.com - call them and they will hook you up. I got the header of theirs on ebay and then called them for the catback. They are all over ebay - just search for hyundai under exhaust section.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nice, are you from California? If you are dude will you still pass smog? Because I have an x3 here in CA and no shop wants to mess around w/ the 1st cat to put the headers on so Im going to do that myself. When they do a smog in CA what do they check in the engine bay? not done it yet. Did you have to flange the 2nd cat? and did you bung the header for the first O2? How does it sound and perform? Oh yeah on your CAI from cosmo raising does it have a place for the IAT? Did you have to move stuff around like the radiator hoses and wires? Oh yeah I want to see some pics.

[Edited by GTurismo12 on Sep 21, 2004 10:45 AM]

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have pics of my cai setup in my profile.
No, I'm from NV so we just "eliminated" the first cat - it's part of the stock manifold pretty much. The header downpipe has the bunghole already for the first sensor - I still have to get the second sensor put in after the cat.
I 'll get pics up when I get back in town this weekend.
As far as CA, I have no idea how you would get 2 cats in. there's just no room for it with headers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts