Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have this weird stalling problem when i go to let the clutch out and put the car in gear from standstill. everytime i let the clutch out, it just immediately dies... could i have to bleed the slave cylinder or something.. it didnt happen all the time, seemed like when it got cold it started acting up, i dont understand it.. i dont know if anyone else has had similar problems but i need help, cuz im lost, and need to get car to the shop for the new turbo kit smile.gif im not leaking any fluids or anything either.

thanx guys, i hope this is something somewhat simple, cuz i need to get a new battery and stuff before i can move the beast..

some more info from my experience with it

no no, not the driver, lol, itll free rev fine and stuff, but im saying, ill rev it up to like 3k and go to slowly let it out, and itll just die right away, before it jerks and trys to get in gear.. someone told me maybe to bleed the slave cylinder but i wanted others thoughts, i have driven on it for like 500 miles or so, and know how it reacts, but this doesnt grind, or give me time to like stall from it gripping too much, its just like dies before i get that chance to wrestle with it..

btw, jaws, i have your clutch smile.gif so i know its been treated well.

topic carried from rdtiburon.com heres linky

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=13289

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone else have input or ideas.. this really sux :(

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Bleed the slave cylinder anyways. It may not be engaging/disengaging correctly. Do you have a higher pressure clutch system? When the clutch was put in was the input shaft pilot bearing/bushing changed. Could be a clutch Master cylinder issue too...

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a stock pressure clutch with stock TOB, and a stage 4 clutch..

ill try bleeding it anyways...

anyone wanna let me know how to..

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
to bleed it, just have a buddy jump in the car and slowly depress the clutch pedall to almost its full travel. Then have him hold it there. Hook up a clear plastic tube to the bleeder valve into a container of some kind filled 1/3 of the way with brake fluid, similar to doing brakes. As he is holding the pedal, open the slave cylinder bleeder valve untill fluid comes out. When it stops flowing, close the bleeder valve again, then tell him to release the clutch pedal slowly. Wait 10-20 seconds and repeat the process untill only clear fluid and no air bubbles come out. Make sure you dont let the clutch MC run out of fluid while doing this.

Also, soda bubbles are fine, just not big ass bubbles.

the sensor in the tranny is the reverse lamp switch...

Also, make sure your pedal freeplay is correct...

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Hmm, ive never heard of such a thing. Dont really see what the purpose of it would be :ermm:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Try bleeding the slave cylinder and let us know what happens. Other that that doublecheck all electrical connectors in the general area that you were working in, you could have bumped one. Only other thing I can think of is if the clutch pedal freeplay was WAY out of adjustment with the new clutch....

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Originally posted by bizzare
[body]
Hmm, ive never heard of such a thing. Dont really see what the purpose of it would be :ermm:
[/body]
Gen II Scoupes have those as well. They are like TPS sensors, except there are grooves in the back of the flywheel. I guess you could call it a FLywheel Positioning Sensor.

As for the stallign problem, is it 1st gear only? Try letting off in second gear, or reverse.

Either way, weird! :puzzled:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
sure thats not a crankshaft position sensor?

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
It might be a type of crank sensor... It would make sense actually.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it happens in first gear, and reverse as far as i know.. ill try to get a new battery this weekend, and try getting her to work.. i hope its just a sensor problem, cuz like i said, the clutch was working fine for roughly 1000 miles, and then it started to get weird, like unresponsive when i gave gas sometimes, or dying when i try and take off at a light, and sometimes right when i put in gear it would engage but wouldnt go anywhere when i pushed gas.. ill try bleeding it this wknd..

i didnt adjust anything with the freeplay of the clutch.. its stock pressure plate, and stock TOB with stage IV clutch.. could the TOB have popped out of pressure plate.. prob not cuz then it wouldnt even stall right.. i duno..

[Edited by 01IMPORTSHARK on Jan 26, 2006 6:36 AM]

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
With my recent transmission trouble, I could actually theorize that some of the forks are binding to the gears or rubbing the synros. This is certainly a possibility, especially if you're having power loss problems... my tranny has got SO MUCH internal friction, it actually holds the car in place on a 20 degree slope with the clutch pressed down all the way.

Maybe the flywheel wasn't torqued down properly and it's on an angle, causing the input shaft to ride against the seal and wear out the mainshaft bearings inside the tranny. I've seen this happen too.

Check also that the wire guides (I dunno what they're called in FWD cars) that transmit the shift action from base of the shifter plate to the tranny are tight and that they are not missing any bushings, or that those are not worn. Spikie's came loose and he lost all the lower gears (2,4,R) because of this. This would certainly be a thing to look at, as you gotta take all that off to remove the tranny.

Damn I don't envy you Wrong Wheel Drivers... :dead:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts