Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am runnin a 02 accent gs and, currently, i have a t25 turbo, a custom manifold, and thats it. what i need to know is what recommendations for the size for my intercooler. i also want some recommendations for where to go for some good injectors, management, fuel pump and rrfpr. i will only boost to about 10psi. this project is only a learning experience for me so don't plan on going too crazy. i plan on having this as a daily driver so i want this to be as reliable as possible. i have been reading in these posts for about six months before i even chose the turbo. and now i have so much info from these posts that i can't make up my mind(s):puzzled:. please help. i will be gettin my tax return in about a week or two so this is the perfect time to buy everything.

again please help. i don't trust the internet as far as buying things and i'm in north dakota so you can't find much of anything around here.

·
Registered
85 Posts
As far as intercooler size keep in mind that you don't need something to big for that type of setup, an intercooler that is too big will increase boost lag and make the powerband sluggish, a smaller intercooler will go well with your t25 and small displacement motor. A walbro fuel pump would be a good uprgrade and uprading the injector setup is something I'm not so are about what to do, some people add a fifth injecter in the plenum but I have heard some debate on this, probably better to see what others have to say. As far as engine management some people go for a simple setup like an FMU or more complicated stuff like piggy back fuel & timing computers or standalone, also keep in mind boost controlers, turbo timers, if you are planning on a basic setup keep in mind that bigger isn't better, simplicity should prevail. Gather up as much information and find someone who can help you hands on with your setup and tuning as it is good to invest in expert advice and work even when going for a small basic setup.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ty for the help. do you have any suggestions on a reputable site. from what i gather, the fifth injector is for higher end applications (i could be wrong though). since i am staying small for the moment, i just wat to upgrade my injectors. i believe that they are 190cc and the next common size up is 220cc from what i have seen online. what are the tibby injectors and can they be converted over to the accent? i though i saw something about this, but i can't seem to find it. i am thinking the walbro 255 will be the pump that i will go for. as far as the rrfpr, they all look the same so i will find the cheapest one. if what you are saying is true, i only would need fuel mamagement and not really ignition management. correct? what exactly is the difference between a turbo timer and a boost controller. as far as i understand it, a turbo timer leaves your engine running to cool down the turbo and the boost controller is a back-up for the bar in the wastegate. it lets you know where the boost is and if it goes over the boost that you want. correct?

the reason that i placed this post was to get some advice on a reputable place online to get the injectors, fuel pump, management, and rrfpr. as far as the timer/boost controller thing, is it recommended to just go with a boost controller? i am also going with a SAFC II. is this a good choice?

[Edited by KDubb on Jan 8, 2006 3:39 PM]

·
Registered
91 Posts
there are probably a few online places, try http://www.performancestylingcentre.com.au it is australian but they have fuel pumps and regulators, not sure about management systems tho, i dont think they do, it depends how far you want to go, other ppl will probably know american sites...but i dont

·
Registered
572 Posts
ok....is your turbo internally or externally gated??

Kspec.com for the injectors http://kspec.com/list.php?ac_id=69&ai_id=1212
Ebay.com for the intercooler and 255 fuel pump
The apexi unit is ok...there are better units but they will cost more, these will also help with the ignition(ie. smt 6 or7, emange and so on) You won't need an fpr if you go with any of these units
You'll want better plugs and wires also..
A turbo timer just keeps your car running after you've shut it off so the turbo bearings cool slowly and don't fry in the oil. You will want one of these to keep your turbo on the up and up.
A boost controller will let you dictate the boost you want(ie. 7psi 8psi and so on) you will want one of these if your looking to hit 10psi, I would sart lower though...so if your internally gated leave it like it is for awhile and make sure everything is working together ok.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
i think this intercooler will do you alot of good for your setup and 10psi goals.

http://hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=71279

·
Registered
218 Posts
My setup for my Accent Gt (03) with Auto trans. is this: Custom headers (turbo flange welded to a cut accent exhaust), DSM 14B turbo, DSM side mount intercooler, DSM blow-off valve, Apexi Safc II, Supra 470cc injectors, Custom oil lines, and Custom pipes for intercooler, j-pipe, and down pipe. Just had a trans service done as well, a running 8 psi safely

1 - 8 of 8 Posts