Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car starts fine but after i make a short trip and turn it off then try to turn it back on it just clicks.. i can hear everything working. ill have to turn it really fast a few times to get it to start again.. is this my alternator
i gota new optima red top , battery terminals, starter, spark plugs/wires...
can it be my timing? i did have to retard it cause it was pinging..

·
Registered
281 Posts
starter may be going bad, and its heatsoaking. or the solinoid is just jamming. pull the starter and take it to autozone/pepboys/advanced/kragens. they usually test them for free. you can pull your alternator and have them test that while your at it. before you do all that just double check the battery terminals are clean and tight. also check the wiring on the starter, make sure the ground and the power lead isnt loose or corroded

·
Registered
597 Posts
have you ever cracked open your ECU? Mitsu based Hyundais have the same faulty caps as the DSMs. first sign of a funked up board is wierd starting symptoms. I posted some pics of my original computer somewhere here, it was pretty fuct and gave me similar problems until i swapped it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
like i said in my first post
new battery nice new terminals.. theyre on tight.. spark plugs /wires.. i gota new ecu new starter relay new starter... but its not my alternator i got it tested today

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i turn the key i hear the fuel pump turnin on.. but can it still not be workin properly?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts