Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im new (d'uh) wondering if you guys can help.

Ive got a 1.6 Hyundai Stellar which i believe has a 4G32 engine (please correct me if im wrong). Wondering what after market carbs will fit this engine, weather these will bolt straight onto the 1.6's inlet manifold and if not where can i get a manifold to suit.
I also believe that the Stellar unit came originaly from a 70's Galant, the 1600 'Sport' suposedly which had twin carbs, the Stellar only has a single downdraught twin choke,not sure what make. Any ideas on this, what i could use?

So basically, how can i give my Stellar a bit more 'oomph' in terms of inlet and outlet manifolds and carbs.

Cherrs, any help appreciated, Graham

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I don't know a whole lot about the Stellar, but if you look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Saturn_engine#4G32
Under 4G32 you can see what models the engine came in. Then you could track down whether there are better intake/exhaust options for those applications. Keep in mind you may have to research models worldwide if you really want something good. All intake and exhaust parts should be interchangeable for the 4G32 as long as they don't conflict with something else in the engine compartment like the steering shaft or the like.

Worst case scenario intake manifolds for carburated I4 engines are exceptionally easy to fabricate, and it's pretty easy to adapt any tube steel type with similar inlet spacing to fit. You can have a flange welded on to fit the carburator of your choice.

Also if you didn't know all the turbo bits from a Dodge/Mitsubishi Colt or Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo should also swap right on, and may actually be easier to find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts