Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent hours and hours looking for decent camshafts for my 2002, 1.6 L Accent and haven't found any one who produces it. I'm not looking for full race, just some more intake and duration.
Can any one shed some light on this??? Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
This may be a long shot but maybe a set of cams from a DOHC x3. A few parts are interchangeable between the two motors but I'm not sure if the cams are. If they are it would be a nice mild upgrade. The 1.6 intake cam is 220 degrees duration and the exhaust is 228 degree with 10 degrees of overlap. The 1.5 DOHC cams are 244 degrees duration on both with 26 degrees overlap. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, I'll look into that( the dohc x3) I just wanted something like stage 1 anyway and was trying to get away from regrind or custom order

·
Registered
124 Posts
I seemed to have screwed this information up. Those specs are for the sohc and not the dohc x3. The dohc x3 has the same in/ex specs as the 1.6. I sincerely apologize for the misinformation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've found a website who produced camshaft for the 1.5 (and I'm sure the 1.6), but I can't find it out on the forum... I've lost it, if anybody know what I'm talking about, help us ! I'm planning to build a really wild N/A 1.5 (G4EK I think, LC model).

Thanks for help everybody !

·
Registered
159 Posts
hey if you want i can find out a price for you i know a shop by me in riverside ca that takes your oem cam and they will regrind it for what ever you want he has done some cams for my budys hondas if you want some info hit me up and ill get you info i can find out shipping and prices

·
Registered
104 Posts
hey if you want i can find out a price for you i know a shop by me in riverside ca that takes your oem cam and they will regrind it for what ever you want he has done some cams for my budys hondas if you want some info hit me up and ill get you info i can find out shipping and prices
A re-grind in these engines may not be a wise move, you'll have to mess with the lifters to get the proper pre-load if you change lift much. Finding or getting a set of cams for this engine is not going to be easy nor cheap. I've been hunting myself for 'alternatives' but i highly doubt there is anything that will just 'fall in' and work.

·
Registered
159 Posts
ya for re-grind you will need to adjust cam Sprocket some degress

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I cant even find any blank billets,getting my head done in 2 weeks and would like to tie them together

·
Registered
21 Posts
This may be a long shot but maybe a set of cams from a DOHC x3. A few parts are interchangeable between the two motors but I'm not sure if the cams are. If they are it would be a nice mild upgrade. The 1.6 intake cam is 220 degrees duration and the exhaust is 228 degree with 10 degrees of overlap. The 1.5 DOHC cams are 244 degrees duration on both with 26 degrees overlap. Good luck.
so does this meanyou can swap the 1.6 cams with the 1.5????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts