Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry this is what i thought the forum was for to show where your car stands. Obviously it is not. Sorry for posting and for dissappointing you.

[Edited by Coal_forge on Sep 17, 2004 8:21 PM]

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
someone lock this before people come on here and just tear him a new one.

actually i'm bored and i'll just take this RETARDED post apart.

let me fix this for you:
things you did wrong.

1. Why the HECK did you launch at 4k? that's just dumb.
2. granny shifted?
BWHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
did you blow the welds off your intake manifold too?
3. so recently resetting your ECU does what? do you think it slowed you down? i doubt that the .08hp that you think you were missing would have helped you.
4. well you got that one right.
5. hey you got that one right too. althoug it's stupid to race anywhere.
6. Do you seriously honestly think that your radar detector would have helped you if a cop was nearby? reall think about this.....
7. your such a dumbazz. yeah i think you defiently should have taken it all the way to the rev limiter on resedential streets. that would have been sweet. all to prove your point that your 135hp car has got what? power? balls?
all you proved by this post is how much of an IDIOT you are.

also nobody cares about your race against a celica.

[Edited by rubenz on Sep 16, 2004 11:07 PM]

·
Registered
21,319 Posts
I don't know why you jumped all over this kid because he edited his post. However, it seems a little harsh and you probably desearve a couple days of banning but since I can not tell if it was desearved or not, I won't do it.

Originally posted by rubenz
[body]
3. so recently resetting your ECU does what? do you think it slowed you down? i doubt that the .08hp that you think you were missing would have helped you.
[/body]
However, I will say that resetting an ECU could make a huge difference in how fast your car is. If you have been driving around like a grandma, then resetting could shave some time off in a race.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
the kid was saying that he raced agains a v8 jeep cherokee and that the reason he lost was because he launched at 4k, granny shifted into second, and that he had reset his ecu earlier that day. then he said that the should have shown the jeep guy what he had buy blasting past him at redline in 5th gear.
i can't believe it took you guys this long to find this post. you would ALL have been tearing him a new one.

and kirk i've seen you rip on people harder than that so go ahead and ban me if you want. i'm not worried about it. BAHWHHAAHAHAHA!!

oh yeah he also said that he was racing in cop heaven and that he shuold have had his radar detector on so that he could do his 5th gear run.

[Edited by rubenz on Sep 19, 2004 11:19 AM]

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yeah he also said that he was racing in cop heaven and that he shuold have had his radar detector on so that he could do his 5th gear run.

???? I always have it on. Yes they do give you an advanced warning if they do happen to leave their radar on. I some cases it just will not help you. That thing has save my ass alot from being ticketed. The detector has atleast given me 150ft warning from where the cop was parked before. You can atleast slow down to 5mph or lower than the speed limit.

It was not on residential streets it was a ****ing highway. I am still getting used to this car. The race against the jeep was was not very long after recieving the car.

I do admit that my post seemed quite ricy. I do kinda get shaky before and during a race. So my shifting is kinda crappy and so is my clutching. Daily driving I double clutch for a smooth ride. When i daily drive fast (having fun) i do not double clutch to the point my engine reaches revlimiter i have never done that before and porbibly never will.
. 4k drop would have been resonalble in my last car 1991 ford tempo gl 5spd since the lack of power just made it lurch forward. :puzzled: Still new to this car never really had this much power before.

Since i deleted it all i have said is just pointless.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Originally posted by Coal_forge
[body]

???? I always have it on. Yes they do give you an advanced warning if they do happen to leave their radar on. I some cases it just will not help you. That thing has save my ass alot from being ticketed. The detector has atleast given me 150ft warning from where the cop was parked before. You can atleast slow down to 5mph or lower than the speed limit.

It was not on residential streets it was a ****ing highway. I am still getting used to this car. The race against the jeep was was not very long after recieving the car.

I do admit that my post seemed quite ricy. I do kinda get shaky before and during a race. So my shifting is kinda crappy and so is my clutching. Daily driving I double clutch for a smooth ride. When i daily drive fast (having fun) i do not double clutch to the point my engine reaches revlimiter i have never done that before and porbibly never will.
. 4k drop would have been resonalble in my last car 1991 ford tempo gl 5spd since the lack of power just made it lurch forward. :puzzled: Still new to this car never really had this much power before.

Since i deleted it all i have said is just pointless.
[/body]
double clutching is not necessary for your car. your car has synchronizers in your transmission. anyway whatever i don't care. just don't come on here posting stupid stories and expect not to get flamed for it. if you would have just explained yourself better in the first post instead of trying to make it the script for fast and furious 3 then it would have been alot better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts