Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the stock boost that the scoupe has with the stock t15?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Its like 5-7psi I believe....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have some oil into the intake pipe.Do you know why this happens?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
A small amount of oil in the intake is of no concern (SMALL AMOUNT!). If its overflowing bad, but just some its no big deal. I have the a small amount collected by my intercooler, no worrys.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think this will disappear with a catch can?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Depends where exactly the oil is.... But prolly not.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The oil is coming out of the turbo intake. Psssst and a little oil. Not too much though. What do you think?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
pssst and lil oil? Is it leaking? I get a small amount of oil coming out of my turbo into my intake and it ends up collecting in the intercooler. Mine hasnt stopped and its not enough to drop the measure on the dipstick. Car doesnt smoke so its not burning it.... Harmless....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same as mine. Lil oil etc etc. Do you have you lines from the valve cover attached to the intake? Mine are not connected at all

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
The side that used to be hooked to the intake has a breather filter on it, the other is connected to the IM. Just dont plug them!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think that if I connect the first one (as you see the engine the left one) I will get rid of oil into the intake. Some thought maybe true. What do you think? what is the IM?

[Edited by japakos on Jan 19, 2006 5:12 PM]

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
IM is Intake manifold, sorry.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So do you think this will work?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
being that mine is connected and I still get oil in the intercooler I would have to say no (though it could help).

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Oil in the output-side of the turbo piping (or intercooler, if fitted) can only come from worn beaings/shot seals in the turbo itself!.

Nick.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts