Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching and haven't seem to come up with an answer yet. I installed a CAI about a month ago or so, and ever since have been getting a very strange idle. At times it will idle just fine, and other times it will start to bounce around between 100 and 1000. Every now and then it will die, and after dying it actually seems to start to idle fine again. I reset the ECU after doing the CAI, and it still seems to have the problem. About a week or so after installing it, I got a bad TPS code. So i swapped that out and still had the same problem. This morning while driving I got the CEL again. When i pulled the codes it said the O2 sensor was responding slowly. I have noticed that it is running rich when i start it up (not sure about any other times). I haven't gotten the chance to replace it yet. I'm hoping this will solve the problem, but if anyone else has ever gone through this, any insight would be much appreciated. I'd like to get my car running normal again. Thank you.

[Edited by Flynavy on Feb 11, 2006 11:03 PM]

·
Registered
11 Posts
When you installed the CAI, did you note the directional flow to the MAF?
If you install it backwards (which is very easy to do) it will create the conditions you are having. Which TPS code did you pull? Was it P0121? It is difference between MAF load and TPS calculated load. This will also cause the car to run very rich, which will in turn cause the ECU to think the O2 sensor has gone bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't remember the actual code it had pulled. It was a few weeks ago (bad memory). I used one of the code readers that just reads it out to you. But i will check on the directional flow to the MAF tomorrow when i get a chance, and some sunlight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just a note, a generic code scanner incorrectly states that P0121 is a TPS failure.

Good luck and I hope that helps. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts