Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
what do you mean? kits to increase comp. ratio?

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
I think me means kits that increase engine capacity, ie. 2.0 - 2.2 or 2.3L.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Sorry m8, I wouldn't know who has one on the shelf in Oz really. There may be some in Korea, but then again they'd be hard to get to without a buyer in that country. The problem here aren't the rods or pistons; we can have those ordered and made.

The issue is getting the crank.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
That site really oly has forged parts. For turbo setups and what not. Not stroker kits...not for what he's looking for at least. Besides the Alpha cant reall be bored out...you mine as well swap a 2.0 if you want a larger bore...ya know.

·
Registered
311 Posts
you can overbore the 1.5/1.6. Use a 1.6 block, they can be bored out to 1.7 if you REALLY wanted to :) There is a tech article at hyperaustralia on bore sizes possible(which you may have seen medic :)).

·
Registered
10 Posts
While you're on da subject

Can some one please help me... I would like to build a super strong motor into my tib. i been researching alot and a guy who builds up EVO's here told me to source a mitsubishi 4g64! yes 4g64 not 4g63. apparently its a 2.4l motor that can take the tiburon 16v head(think its the beta2??). the crank is super strong he says and they have put 800hp on one before, with forged rods and pistons obviously. now my question is... before i go and spend the 12 grand to get a 4g64, has anyone of you heard about this motor/conversion on your side of the world? i ask because i didn't see the car he was talking about. i believe the motor comes out of an LDV!!

Someone...Anyone..??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts